Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. After years of never wanting anything to do with motorcycles I bit the bullet and took the MSF course....and loved every second of it. I can't believe I went this long without riding a motorcycle.

So once all was said and done I needed a bike. I didn't want a crotch rocket, I wanted comfort...and affordability. Being 6'1" my options were somewhat limited. Sat on a few different bikes but the very first one was an 05 C50T. And it was instant love. But I couldn't afford it so I waited and saved and picked up my own 05 C50 (not the touring) for $3400. That was a few weeks ago and I've already acquired over 400 miles on her.

Needless to say I love these Suziki bikes. I know I will be upgrading to the C90 in the near future and I'm excited at the possibilities that await me.

Anyways sorry if it's a long story but thanks in advance for all the advice I know I will be getting. And if any of you are in the Tucson area hit me up.

Ride safe
-Shipwreck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum! Why did you take the MSF course in the first place if you weren't interested in riding?
It was kind of a "New Years Resolution" sort of thing. I had always been afraid of motorcycles so I told myself I needed to face the fear and see what it was all about.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I about cried when I sold my first bike. There is no other feeling in the world like riding a motorcycle. I don't want to imagine not being able to ride...

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Howdy from Kentucky

Lake in Tennessee

Welcome to life after cages

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Welcome to the site. But just curious why the name? "Shipwreck" always scared this dried up old salt! Is there a story?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome, north central Ohio here. I just picked up an '06 C50 as of 2/18/14. It was love at first sight. Have fun out there and be safe!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the site. But just curious why the name? "Shipwreck" always scared this dried up old salt! Is there a story?
Lmao there is a story behind it. I served 8 years in the Navy and the last 4 of those were with the Marines out in Miramar. There was this Master Sergeant that really didn't like Navy folks and after a friendly shop incident of our supervisor pepper spraying a young Lance Corporal (he got paid $20) the 3 E5s (me included) on shift all went to Captains Mast (NJP). Well before I went up MSGT Scott looked at me and said "Moreno.....you all effed up. You ain't nothin but a **** shipwreck!" And so the name stuck.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Knew there had to be a good story behind it. Glad to hear it hear it was a wreck of your own making and no boats were harmed!

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
And if any of you are in the Tucson area hit me up.
Dang it !!!!! I just left Tucson Sunday. My son is at DM and has a house in Corona. Too bad I didn't see this sooner, I would have been glad to give you some pointers.

Desert heat, if I bought a used bike down there I would make sure and check the posts on here about greasing the driveshaft splines. The critical area is the driveshaft splines that go INTO the final drive. A lack of grease and high heat can lead to spline failure. It has happened to a lot here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just left Tuscon last Wednesday, sure did like the weather.
We are expecting another 8 to 12 inches of snow tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts