Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a poser someone on another forum threw at me...I have a C50T, and I'm all geared up and ready to buy some V&H Cruzers or Straightshots and throw on this sucker by Christmas. Now this guys says that there are a lot of people over here complaining about the difficulty of installing said pipes, because the C50T brake pedal is larger than the older Vol. I can't find anyone over here complaining about that. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? But since it's my bedtime and I'm tired, please allow me to ask....has anyone with a C50 encountered an installation problem with the Cruzers or Straightshots due to the larger brake pedal?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I dunno about those pipes but i did have to modify my Hard Krome pipes because of the brake pedal. The pipes were being sold as fitting the C50 and they were made for the volusia. the problem is the new C50s have floorboards where the Vol didn't. I would imagine any pipes that are sold as fitting the C50 and were originally made for Vol's could have a problem. I know the HK pipes were also fatter than most pipes because of the outer (anti bluing) guard.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put a set of Vance and Hines Straightshots on my 05 C50 this weekend and didn't have a problem with the brake pedal. The Straightshots fit in exactly where the stock pipes were with the same amount of clearance.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
craig7220 said:
I put a set of Vance and Hines Straightshots on my 05 C50 this weekend and didn't have a problem with the brake pedal. The Straightshots fit in exactly where the stock pipes were with the same amount of clearance.
How do you like those Straightshots?

·
Super Moderator
56,227 Posts
I put the Straightshots on this week and it seemed the bolt that holds the brake pedal on was going to hit. I took my foot and came down hard on the floorboard. After everything was tightened it fit perfect.
I really like them and people who hear them like them. Wait until you open them up going through the gears. :shock:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Moondog said:
craig7220 said:
How do you like those Straightshots?
I love em.... Good low rumble, not loud enough to be obnoxious but loud enough that cagers know I'm around them..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm thinking about getting Jardine pipes for my bike. Does anyone have a comment, please? Also I got K&N filter, what kind of rejet I need? I appreciate any comments. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pipes and fuel processsor

Anyone recommend de-baffling the VH straightshots or leaving them alone?
Also does a FI2000 processor ( Cobra, this is the one I bought,cheaper than the PWR Commander) work with these pipes? Please advise.... Thanks,QWKSILVER61

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Moondog said:
Here's a poser someone on another forum threw at me...I have a C50T, and I'm all geared up and ready to buy some V&H Cruzers or Straightshots and throw on this sucker by Christmas. Now this guys says that there are a lot of people over here complaining about the difficulty of installing said pipes, because the C50T brake pedal is larger than the older Vol. I can't find anyone over here complaining about that. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? But since it's my bedtime and I'm tired, please allow me to ask....has anyone with a C50 encountered an installation problem with the Cruzers or Straightshots due to the larger brake pedal?

No problemo! If it does interfere you can chop the brake pedal. I chopped my C50 pedal using the instructions in the website below, "mocc's place". I chopped even more than the site shows and put a new VW size pedal cover on it. I even cut back the outboard end of the arm and cut some off the bottom of the arm. Did this so I could get my 13's under the thing and scoot my foot up to the front of the floorboards. So it will work for some clearance for your pipes. Check it out: http://www.lc1500.com/brake_pedal_text.htm

·
Registered
129 Posts
big ed said:
Moondog said:

No problemo! If it does interfere you can chop the brake pedal. I chopped my C50 pedal using the instructions in the website below, "mocc's place". I chopped even more than the site shows and put a new VW size pedal cover on it. I even cut back the outboard end of the arm and cut some off the bottom of the arm. Did this so I could get my 13's under the thing and scoot my foot up to the front of the floorboards. So it will work for some clearance for your pipes. Check it out: http://www.lc1500.com/brake_pedal_text.htm
Great mod! Very innovative.

Wild Man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts