Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
60,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to RS today to get a Boostaroo to boost the volume of my mp3 player. I knew they had a knockoff under the RS name cheaper for like $20. They're onsale right now for $10. They look identical with different logos. I hope this helps someone enjoy the tunes and the ride more. :D

BTW, it's part # 33-1109

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Wow, I was just about to order a Boostaroo online for $49. I'll drive over to Radio Shack and take a look. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
dang, and every radio shack in canada turned into a circuit city, and stopped selling useful stuff! :brick:

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Super Moderator
60,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem CJ. This is the one that increases the volume by 100% not the 400% Hi Def one just so you know.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
huh? what how does it work?

·
Super Moderator
60,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it just plugs inline to the headphone jack and then you can plug up to 3 headsets into it with no loss of volume to any of them. It will also work with handlebar speakers.

·
Super Moderator
60,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
v01rider said:
i was just on their site and couldnt find anything. do you have a name of this device?
3-Channel Headphone Volume Booster

I didn't find it on the site either so I went to the store.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
beezer said:
v01rider said:
i was just on their site and couldnt find anything. do you have a name of this device?
3-Channel Headphone Volume Booster

I didn't find it on the site either so I went to the store.
cool! thanks. i might just stop there on my way home!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I did a search for a volume booster on Amazon and this is what I got...

but they have a boostaroo for 20 bux

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
beezer said:
it just plugs inline to the headphone jack and then you can plug up to 3 headsets into it with no loss of volume to any of them. It will also work with handlebar speakers.
it actually BOOSTS the volume output to the device??...be it h/b speakers OR your ear phones? i'm asking cuz i'd only ever plug in one. wouldn't have need to have 3 sets in and maintain volume of them all.

hmmm.....

·
Premium Member
28,197 Posts
It's basically a small pre-amp. Whatever device you are listening to is amplified, and much louder.

You plug the boostaroo jack into the headphone jack of what you are listening to.

The boostaroo has 3 headphone jacks, so up to 3 people can plug their headphones into the boostaroo and listen at the same time.

I have one, and when I listen to the iPod on my bike, I have trouble hearing the music over the debaffled pipes. With a boostaroo, it's WAY louder.

http://www.boostaroo.com/store_detail.php4?id=14

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I went to RS and they wanted to sell me the boostaroo for 30 bucks.. the RS model is discontinued... and they dont have it... I told them never mind since I can get the boostaroo for 20 bucks online

1 - 17 of 17 Posts