Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before

After a few subtle changes

I added a luggage rack which I had powdercoated black (gotta have someplace to strap "stuff" to). Had the heatshields (lower) ceramiccoated black. Swapped the chrome Thunder Air Tornado for black wrinkle. Swapped out the fork boots for a set that fit better. The tank in the after picture is the one that belongs on the bike, the other one belongs to my bagger. I bought [email protected]'s old speedo housing, decision time, black or red?
Viper

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
OK, I've had to replace about three keyboards now. I drool all over them when I see pics of that bike.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
That thing is just too cool.

I've been keeping my eye out for a totaled M50 so I can build it up to a C50! My wife still loves that blacked out engine! And I think it will be a blast to build it EXACTLY how she wants it from the start!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
very nice, i would paint the speedo housing red if it were me.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
It just keeps getting better !! great job Viper!!

I think the red would look cool!!
or Black with a Red tank divider :)

Im sure you need to sand it all down anyway.. so you could shoot it red
quick job to see if you like it.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
steveg said:
very nice, i would paint the speedo housing red if it were me.
Yep, red it should be.

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
I'm with the "red"'s on this one too.
Lookin slick there Viper!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Very Nice Red spedo and leave the black insert. Black tank, red spedo housing, black insert.

That bike just keeps getting better and better.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Administrator
53,918 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
That's looking sweet. I especially like the look with the lower exhaust ceramic coated black. Liked the airkit better chrome. That's one cool bobber. 8)

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Misunderstood said:
That's looking sweet. I especially like the look with the lower exhaust ceramic coated black. Liked the airkit better chrome. That's one cool bobber. 8)
LOL, I debated a long time about the airkit, but now that I got it, I really like the black wrinkle with the black engine. The exhaust? I paid extra to have a "gloss black" ceramic coat but it isn't very "glossy". It looks a little odd against the gloss black engine cases, I kinda liked the chrome better. :lol: The heatshields that I left chrome, I know white header wrap would really set that off, but I just don't care for header wrap after it starts to deteriorate. Again, just personal taste. This will be a work in progress. I already have plans for next winter. I want to redo the rear fender struts into a sissy bar styled after one of [email protected] bobber pics (top has tips like a "crown") and fashion some sort of real springer seat.
BTW the "dots" on the dice on the back of the fender are "glow in the dark", looks cooler than $hit at night.
viper

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
yep, I vote red too. 8)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Black......

1 - 20 of 53 Posts