Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip to the Blue Parkway in two weeks. Has anyone been on the parkway lately? If so, what part? What area I should avoid and what are some points of interest or rides you would recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Ms Bebop and I will be riding up the Parkway in June on our way to Md. We would be interested in any information about the area including places to eat and sleep too.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Great place to start is in Cherokee. That's were the BRP starts at the south end. Lots of great riding right around Cherokee. Of course there is the Tail of the Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway, the Foothills Parkway, and the BRP ride up to Mt Mitchell. You could easily spend a week based out of Cherokee or the surrounding area and see TONS of great roads!

I'm heading up there in June for a week with the Mrs. and a group that I ride with regularly.

If you just want a cheap place to lay you head at night, send Mark5810 a PM. He has several rooms right down town Cherokee that he rents out. His rates are reasonable, the rooms are clean, and Marks a great guy that loves to ride and can give you some great routes to take.

Enjoy you trip and be safe! It's truly a riders paradise up there!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just came from there. The pky is closed from the Va. line south about 25-30 miles. Your best riding will be between Cherokee to Asheville. And like others have said There is GREAT riding in that area. Must do is Cherhollah Skyway. Have a great trip.

·
Premium Member
16,535 Posts
I was there a couple of years ago, in Asheville if you get off the parkway and go to your right, a few miles down on the right (by the farmers market and right before you hit the interstate) there is a great little place to eat called the "Moose Cafe".
They serve hot biscuits with butter and molasses...yummmmm.
Good southern style cooking.

·
Banned
4,413 Posts
Further up the parkway - at the Laurel Springs exit is a biker motel called stations inn - www.stationsinn.com. good place. I'm not sure where the parkway is closed other than north of Asheville - we ride the northern part and up into VA.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did the brp last June. I can't speak to what's open, but can tell you the ends are more scenic than the middle. Take a map so you can plan gas and other breaks as some places are quite remote. Near Galax, just north of the VA border is a nice motorcycle resort just off the parkway. (Sorry i don't remember the name.) Otherwise there are pretty sites to stop and check out up and down the parkway that you'll discover. Ithink you'll hit the rhododendrums in bloom about that time. Enjoy and ride safely. - ctv

1 - 8 of 8 Posts