Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened twice now this summer. I go for a ride, stop for water so turn off the bike, turn back on and nothing --- bike does not turn on, no power, nothing! Once on a very hot day, and again yesterday in cool weather. My mechanic is one of the best around and cannot find anything wrong. Bike is an 01 Vol, with 80K miles, all mine. The first time it happened, it was trucked to the mechanic and the morning after, he started the bike right up. Don't know yet what is happening with it this am.

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
19,770 Posts
No lights, no power is usually either a worn key switch, or a bad battery.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Skrap I'm thinking the same thing. Battery was checked last time and mechanic said it was fine. On the other hand, this only happens after the bike has been running, is shut off for a very short time, get a drink of water, and then turned back on.

·
Super Moderator
59,489 Posts
Leave it running during that time. ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,414 Posts
had that happen...brought it in to service to be checked/find out what the problem was...of course it started right up...told me to leave it for a few days and it would hopefully happen again while there...everytime they went out to start it, it started right up...after several days they told me to come pick it up...have it towed the next time it happens and then they will be better able to diagnos the problem...they bring the bike around for me,, and turn it off, I get on the bike to leave hit the start button, bingo,,,nothing, they locate the problem to the starter relay. Hopefully that may giive you some help. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts