Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2006 SUZUKI C50 BOULEVARD) recently while on my bike when i shift down the toe shifter will remain down and i will have to shif up then back down to get it to shift to the next gear. it also does this when shifting up with the heel shifter. i can always get it to shift but when you need the pickup and the shifter sticks when shifting up it is very anoying. please respond with any advice i do not want to take it to the dealer. thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will try to lub the shift points and look into the bushing. My bike has approx 11,000 miles on it is there maybe some internal maintenance that i have overlooked.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I lubrucate the pivot points all around the bike, including the shift lever pivot, everytime I change oil and filter.

I like Tri-Flo, a teflon based lubricant. I just spray it into the joint on both sides of the lever and it seems to work well for a long time. No sticking and no problems shifting.

Ray Nielsen, in Minneapolis and sitting out winter, what a bummer!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I had this problem going through a tight curve with a car sitting right on my tail when I went to downshift and the shift lever did not come back up! As the others have said, lubricate the shift linkage. If you look at the linkage you will see two rubber covers. I peeled them back and sprayed some white lithium grease on the connectors within then covered them back up with the rubber covers. I also squirted some in where the linkage attaches to the transmission. No problems since then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bushing and lube

replaced the existing bushing with the gman bushing and used litheum grease and it now shifts very well the gman bushing is great thank you for the advise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
(2006 SUZUKI C50 BOULEVARD) recently while on my bike when i shift down the toe shifter will remain down and i will have to shif up then back down to get it to shift to the next gear. it also does this when shifting up with the heel shifter. i can always get it to shift but when you need the pickup and the shifter sticks when shifting up it is very anoying. please respond with any advice i do not want to take it to the dealer. thanks
Could be a 100 things but heres what I got it's either a pawl,linkage,or shifting fork is bent.good luck brother I'm in bike hell myself. T.C.B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts