Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is turned on cold. Runs and as the idle lowers the bike shuts off. I hit the ignition and it won't turn unless I give a little gas. I then have to hold on the gas son it does not shut off. After that it is eventually OK. I have an 07 with 20k miles. I also need to put new exhaist gaskets on but I don't think that is an issue.

Is this an FI issue?

Help...m

·
Registered
219 Posts
If that were a carb bike I'd say you had a screw on the throttle cable come loose, either up top or down by the carb. I do not know if a FI bike has a throttle cable adjustment, but assuming it does, I might start there. I'd also check the idle, but I have no clue how to on an FI bike.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
You could also have partially blocked idle air passages in the throttle body. Easy to clean and described in the manual. Also, there is an idle adjust screw on the left side of the throttle body. Could be as simple as adjusting it up a tad. The fuel injection system will "fast idle" a cold engine for around 90 seconds on startup. I guess after that it assumes the engine can idle on its own, but perhaps slower than when it is warmed up. The "fast idle" is a timed event only, not tied into engine temperature or anything else. Pretty crude system. Do check valves, and while the TB is off clean the passages....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts