Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a paddlelock I could lock thru the disc brake rotor? Something that can't be cut with bolt cutters but doesn't cost a fortune.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Re: Bike Security Lock

Windburn Bill said:
Can anybody recommend a paddlelock I could lock thru the disc brake rotor? Something that can't be cut with bolt cutters but doesn't cost a fortune.
Master Lock makes some but there is a better one out of England.. but the guy that sold them in the US has closed up shop.. they are called Squire lock, not sure if you can still get them here or not

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Bill, go down to Cycle Gear on Country Club, just N of Southern. They have a couple of good disc locks there. W side of CC, behind El Pollo Loco.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
As much as you say you won't, you will someday forget you have it on. Make sure to get one of those "Remove before flight" streamers. Friend had a disc lock, got on his bike, started up, went 2 feet in a circle, fell off, bike went down just like on Laugh-in.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Mort said:
As much as you say you won't, you will someday forget you have it on. Make sure to get one of those "Remove before flight" streamers. Friend had a disc lock, got on his bike, started up, went 2 feet in a circle, fell off, bike went down just like on Laugh-in.
Didn't help. 1ft fwd on scooter. :oops:

Tired and mind in low gear after work.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mort said:
Famous last words " I would NEVER do that!" :oops:

Good idea.....

You remember Laugh-in :?: "Veeeery interesting. BUT NOT FUNNY."
Yeah...so do I.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Try an Audiovox alarm, can get at O'Reillys and others... about $40 - $60. You can install in about 15 minutes, and adjust so if someone so much as touches it with their finger, it goes off. Can adjust easily to not be as sensitive when you want that.

When traveling.... and I was in a restaurant (more than once I might say)... waitress told me the alarm on my bike was going off and some guy seemed to be messing with it. The one time, the guy was trying to get into my bags... and caught red handed due to the alarm.

Then there was the Police officer... who on his way in... touched it. Small town, and everyone in the restaurant gave him hell ... for messing with someone's bike and getting caught.... LOL.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
The Audiovox alarm is great. Goes off by vibration or voltage change. Has a remote to arm/disarm. I had a question so I called Audiovox. They said the same alarm is available with an M part number. The one I bought here from a member is for cars and was told it may draw too much battery when triggered. But it works great for me.

One little warning, after you hook up the positve to the battery then as soon as you hook up the negative the alarm will go off. It is super loud so wear something dark so no one will see that you peed your pants on this install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts