Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
Since it would mean that I could cook bacon and tell my wife that I was just gassing up the bike... I approve! :wayhappy:

The only problem is that I would just get super hungry everytime I rode it.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Hrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm........
uh....
I see issues....
... ....
1. if the exhaust smells like bacon then there are proteins,smoke and salt residue making it into the injectors and cylinder.
2. Several of the compounds responsible for the smell and taste of bacon in bacon fat turn into a sticky nasty mess when heated/burned.
3. burned further the sticky nasty mess becomes abrasive carbon grit...which in a cylinder coated with sticky nasty mess will remain trapped, stuck to the cylinder wall.

Meat fats are far from ideal for use in an engine unless refined and stripped of the components which will cause problems (clogged injectors, scored cylinder walls, gummed up valves and pistons, etc.)....with the fuel refined to the point that these are no longer a threat, the exhaust smelling like smoked cured meats is highly unlikely.

·
Registered
32 Posts
uh....
I see issues....
... ....
1. if the exhaust smells like bacon then there are proteins,smoke and salt residue making it into the injectors and cylinder.
2. Several of the compounds responsible for the smell and taste of bacon in bacon fat turn into a sticky nasty mess when heated/burned.
3. burned further the sticky nasty mess becomes abrasive carbon grit...which in a cylinder coated with sticky nasty mess will remain trapped, stuck to the cylinder wall.

Meat fats are far from ideal for use in an engine unless refined and stripped of the components which will cause problems (clogged injectors, scored cylinder walls, gummed up valves and pistons, etc.)....with the fuel refined to the point that these are no longer a threat, the exhaust smelling like smoked cured meats is highly unlikely.
Only one word to counter that argument BACON

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
uh....
I see issues....
... ....

You're taking it way too seriously dude. It's bacon! Bacon makes everything better!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.