Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out yesterday that my bike comes home on Tuesday. OMG I am so excited. She is a White 2013 C50T and we added Baron engine guards and kuryakin offset highway pegs! They are delivering it which is awesome as the shop is 90 mins away. They will take my old/first bike with them as we traded it in. It was a Suzuki 650 GSXF! I am going to miss her. I learned on her, dropped her, had a blast on her and I got my full M license on her (Ontario has a graduated license system)! It is going to be a totally different ride but I am ready!

Today is sunny and it should really get rid of most of our snow.

It is going to be a long two days. I have to take a couple of hours vacation Tuesday to be home for her delivery!

Katie

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is time for summer! I am excited. Have you been out on your new bike yet? As we have the same one!
It will be nice to have her home and ready to go!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Katie
Tuesday will be a great day for you.
Thursday will be 17C, riding weather is just about here in Southern Ontario.
Enjoy.
:wayhappy::shades:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Katie
Tuesday will be a great day for you.
Thursday will be 17C, riding weather is just about here in Southern Ontario.
Enjoy.
:wayhappy::shades:
Riding weather IS here !

I look forward to seeing pics of the new bike. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Congrats. The white bike looks awesome with wide white walls when your ready to change tires.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
Yup the riding weather is here.
We got the Christmas lights down finally and the garage cleaned, summer tires out of the shed and ready to go. I cleaned my Gsxf and she is ready to go. Hubby went out on a short ride but I did not want to take my bike out and jynx it because we got an incredible trade in on it!

I will be so glad when Tuesday is here and she is in my garage!

Katie

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rvcycleguy
I see you have ridden in Mexico. We love Mexico and my mom is now a Mexican resident. Did you ever feel unsafe riding a motorcycle

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Katie ...........Enjoy the bike, and ride safe! She's a beauty!
Maybe we'll see it in Dover on the 13th?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got her and took a 27k ride. It was the first time I really have ridden a cruiser. WEIRD is all I have to say! It was awesome yet it is going to take some time getting used to!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Rella
It is a totally different ride and will take some getting used to. I loved having a proper windshield and I like the heel shifter. BUT holy not as smooth as my old bike So that will take some time getting used to! I am sure within a few weeks it will all seem normal.

Katie

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got her and took a 27k ride. It was the first time I really have ridden a cruiser. WEIRD is all I have to say! It was awesome yet it is going to take some time getting used to!
LOL....I hear ya on the weird part! I picked up my bike on Saturday and I kept trying to put my feet where the pegs would normally be on my Katana!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HA HA dwebber me toooooooooooooo. Which is why I think I will like the heel shifter. What did you think about the ride being a little rougher. My bike was like the Katana! I know I will get used to it but WOW different!

I loved the windshield

Give me your scoop on the ride

Katie

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad to hear that you have had a ride.
I just got back from a 50 km ride, smile is not coming off.
Waiting for weather so that I can do my ride to work(125km round trip)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I did the MSF course with pegs under me. During the course, your feet are on and off the pegs over and over and over again, I have no idea how many times. When I got my c50, my feet went right to the peg and shifted my bike into neutral as I tried to lightly put my feet on the non-existent pegs. Not a good move when I was pulling into some light traffic...lol. Weird how some time on the little bikes in the course made it weird for me on the c50. I can only imagine what you are going through but you will conform in no time. (Love the heel shifter more after my MSF course and not using one.)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I got a text from 10-64 yesterday morning telling me about the snow on the ground. I texted back that " somebody must be taking delivery of a new bike today! "

Congratulations on finally getting your new bike home and I am glad the weather ended up cooperating for you to get your first ride in. Please post some pictures .

I am a bit jealous of both you and Stevokm :crying:. I was stuck shopping for and lugging home plumbing supplies, wet board and dry wall and installing a new bath tub with my hired contractor buddy. On the plus side the bathtub install went smoother than expected and didn't leak. The weather turned out sunny and warm to enjoy at least 2 beers (in dog beers as David from KW puts it :biglaugh:) during our cough , cough "coffee breaks" and at the end of the day.

Katie, hope you can make it to Port Dover on June 13. Perhaps we can arrange some rides earlier. There is a ride for Lupus on May 31 that a few of us are planning to do. I know you are involved with the Ride for Sight. Perhaps you can post some details on the forum. Please feel free to add us to your friends list .

Steve glad you got out for a ride! I snuck a short ride in on Sunday but had to run errands so I didn't call you.

The weather looks promising for the weekend! :wayhappy::scoot:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts