Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friends it’s been quite a while since I’ve posted here but I can say that there are several of you that I have sorely missed. My riding is somewhat restricted now days with the battle with diabetes and only 4-1/2 toes left to balance the bike but I do get out some.

However the things that take up most of my time is taking care of my wife who has been in a two year battle with Stage Four Colon and Liver Cancer. She has chosen to forego any more treatments as they weren’t making any headway. She tried some trials but after the last one she developed aggressive tumors in her lungs and a mass in her brain. We have totally given God the reigns and trust His Guidance. We have been told that she has probably less than a year. She had been put in hospice to try and control her pain. This is an ugly disease folks and there are no classes, no DVD, and no program that can help with coping/understanding why this $h!t happens.

We just ask for Your Friendship and Prayers..,

Steve

·
Registered
671 Posts
Praying for you and your wife. Cancer sucks and is evil in every imaginable way.
God bless you and wife!!

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Prayers sent for you and your wife.

·
Super Moderator
56,262 Posts
Welcome back. You know you're always welcome here.

Sorry to hear about your missing 5.5 little piggies. The thought of what your wife has gone through is overwhelming. It must be tough to stand by and watch it happen racking your brain for some sort of solution or relief from the pain. God bless you both!

·
Administrator
51,667 Posts
So sorry to hear about this terribly complicated medical situation.

Prayer offered to help with the pain and suffering for both You and the Mrs.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Steve, first off, welcome back. Your wit and wisdom are always missed. Second, I am sorry for the medical conditions that you are dealing with and the awful disease that your dear wife is suffering from. I pray you find peace.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Prayers for you & your wife.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
While I don't know you personally, you are a fellow rider, forum member and therefore a member of the larger family. My wife and I will pray for you and the Mrs. and for God`s grace and support as you go through an awful time. Cancer truly sucks, but cherish each moment you have left and hold tight to the good memories.

Keep us informed, here on the forum, and know that there is tons of positive energy and love flowing your way.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much to All of You. This Group has always been such a gracious and productive class of ladies and gentlemen. It has always been such a blessing to be a part of This Family.

Steve and Cheri Byrd

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
As everyone above has said, we're glad to see you posting again ... and very sad to learn of all you and your wife are enduring.

I'll be glad to include you both in my prayers.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Sorry to hear of your travails......I will keep both you and your wife in my thoughts. Cancer really sucks and diabetes isn't much fun either (I know). I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to ride the last time I was in Texas. Maybe the next time.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Prayers for you and your wife.

Thanks for remembering that you can always count on moral support from the Volusia family.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Prayers for you and your wife. As a nurse, I know cancer can be just as hard for the family as for the patient. Bless you both and may she stay as free of pain as possible.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sorry to hear of your challenges. The road of life can have some pretty big bumps and it sounds like you are hanging in there. Lost the Father inlaw to Cancer in Aug. We thought maybe he was having a stroke a yr ago last November. Turns out it was a brain tumor that was actually lung cancer. He wasn't having lung cancer symptoms! He was a long time smoker so I guess it isn't a surprise.

Best Wishes for you and your wife

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well to my Friends, my wife passed away on Thanksgiving Day after a 3 year battle with the cancer. It is extremely hard looking at my future without her. She was an amazing woman who spent her entire time worrying about everyone else and not herself, even up to the end. I was blessed to have held her hand as she took her last breath. She let it out and smiled at me. I guess her way of telling me that she was going to be alright and that I should go on She is beside me everyday and I know that I will see her again one day.

·
Super Moderator
23,828 Posts
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in our prayers. Hopefully you can find some solace in knowing that she is finally at peace. My heart definitely goes out to you in this time.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Sorry to hear this.....may she rest in peace now that there is no pain. Take care of yourself........

1 - 20 of 30 Posts