Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I'm a brand new female rider and I just bought a beautiful 2003 Volusia. I would like to install crash bars but I don't know which ones to buy or who to buy them from. I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi there!

I'm a brand new female rider and I just bought a beautiful 2003 Volusia. I would like to install crash bars but I don't know which ones to buy or who to buy them from. I would appreciate any advice, thanks!
Just got a set on eBay for around $50 shipped. I simply will not pay $300-400 for Linby bars, I can get my son a little dirt bike for that price. Pegs can be mounted to basic bars, I haven’t done so because the floorboards are good enough for my short legs. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got a set on eBay for around $50 shipped. I simply will not pay $300-400 for Linby bars, I can get my son a little dirt bike for that price. Pegs can be mounted to basic bars, I haven’t done so because the floorboards are good enough for my short legs. Good luck!
Do they work well? Do you have a picture you could share.?

·
Super Moderator
58,222 Posts
Copy the name of the item he posted and paste it in the eBay search bar ;)

Social distancing since 1954

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
If you get aggressive in the curvies I would advise against Cobra bars, they are rounded on the bottom and they will drag. I had MCE's on my C50 with nary a problem (they are up-sloped on the bottom).

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Lindby bars are the absolute best looking crash bars.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts

Reactions: beezer

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
If you get aggressive in the curvies I would advise against Cobra bars, they are rounded on the bottom and they will drag. I had MCE's on my C50 with nary a problem (they are up-sloped on the bottom).
I learned this through painful personal experience. Went through a corner and my crash bar touched down, leveraging my front wheel off the ground and causing me to crash in 2009.

Reactions: Duffy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there!

it really depends on what you want and what style you want your bike to have here’s a pic of mine and what I have-

If you need more help you can always ask as I’m sure you know, but when it comes to options on crash bars there are quite a few so take your time and make sure you choose the ones that are right for you and your bike. Check eBay too!

·
Super Moderator
20,795 Posts
have always used cobras...3 mc's...3 cobras...work great, look good, go on easy. Be careful if you see engine guards listed...they will do nothing to protect you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts