Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother-in-law and I went for a ride around central WI on Sunday. We didn't plan to go far, but after filling up with gas (cost me $12.50) we started to ride and ride and ride. 150 miles later and my gas light started to come on as I'm pulling into the driveway at home. :) Let me tell you, it was the best $12.50 I've spent and 3 hours I've spent in a while. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Just amazing just how much pleasure you get riding one of these things. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
224 Posts
New Place to Ride To!

Have you guys gone to southwest Wi ? There's a neat place called New Diggins in New Diggins,Wi between Monroe and Galena. We ride up from the Quad Cities(Moline,Il area) and hit Poopy's in Savana,Il (www.poopys.com) then up to New Diggins,Wi (www.newdiggs.com). Check out their websites....Jeff

·
Premium Member
16,535 Posts
I'd give anything to be able to ride far enough to use a tank of gas.
I'm glad you enjoyed your ride, here is to many more.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: New Place to Ride To!

jthorn322 said:
Have you guys gone to southwest Wi ? There's a neat place called New Diggins in New Diggins,Wi between Monroe and Galena. We ride up from the Quad Cities(Moline,Il area) and hit Poopy's in Savana,Il (www.poopys.com) then up to New Diggins,Wi (www.newdiggs.com). Check out their websites....Jeff
No, haven't been there... I'll have to check out the sites. :) I used to live in Madison and had some friends that I rode with there. The second day I had my bike a group of 8 of us (4 cruisers and 4 rockets) did 200 - 300 miles from Madison, down to South Wayne, back up Hwy 12 through Devils Lake State Park in the Dells area and then back to Madison (that's the condensed version of the route anyhow :) ).

I'm hoping to get back down to Madison this summer sometime and go to Bike Night at Quaker Steak & Lube on some Wednesday night. (I hope they still do it!) It was awesome. 2005 when I got my C50, my friends and I went almost every Wednesday after work for a few hours. Anyone from Madison know if they still do Bike Night?

I'll stop rambling now. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
KLUTY

Shoot me a message sometime if you come close to Madison, i'd love to ride with ya. Quaker Steak and Lube still has the Wednesday night ride as well as classic car night on Thursday. Love that place!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: KLUTY

metzgers3jjl said:
Shoot me a message sometime if you come close to Madison, i'd love to ride with ya. Quaker Steak and Lube still has the Wednesday night ride as well as classic car night on Thursday. Love that place!!!
I'm hoping to get down to Madison this summer to go to Capital City HD and test ride the new Harley's (and maybe talk myself into finally getting on a Buell sport bike once, just to say I did it). They seem to do it the first Saturday of the month according to their website. Maybe we could get together when I come down on a Saturday. It'd be awesome to meet some people in the state to ride with. :)

Also, S&S Motors in La Crosse, WI is having their 50th Anniversary this year. They're doing a big extended weekend rally thing in La Crosse from June 26th to June 29th. If you go to www.sscycle50th.com you can read all about it. My brother-in-law, some of his friends and I plan to go to that. Probably on Saturday the 28th. Anyhow, it's just something to think about going to. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts