Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still looking for opinions of those that have rode with a batwing or batwing after switching from a regular windshield. I am switching from a windshield to batwing. I'd like to know if you have seen a decrease in wind,mileage or stability,and just your basic thoughts. Thank you.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I rode all summer and fall with a ms speed demon. OK. 3 weeks ago fitted a tsukayu 6x9 fairing. Don't know if I could go back. Got it to keep cold air off my hands and tunes are a plus. Blocks way more air. Haven't noticed much drop in mpg but only got about 300 miles on it.
Makes much more pleasurable cruise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Registered
212 Posts
Went from a MS sportshield to a MS Batwing last fall. Huge difference, much more protection, especially for your hands.

Haven't done any really long rides with the Batwing yet, but I have no doubt the faring is a big improvement over a windshield.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I started with a batwing, then tried my dads bike wit a tall windshield. Hands down the fairing is better. It's more aerodynamic and makes a wider bubble for you, whereas the windshield tends to let the wind on the sides hit you with more force. So not just about hand coverage, those wings help push the wind out further.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Had both,,, but once you have a batwing. The windshield just won't do ,
I've also tried both windscreens for the batwing and the one with the moulded in curve really makes a deference with wind.
It's on now. And won't drive without it

·
Registered
439 Posts
Oh yeah, When your mounting your new fairing. You'll probably want to make a new headlight bracket to move the headlight where it looks good.
My headlight was about 3 inches recessed back in the fairing.Much better now.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh yeah, When your mounting your new fairing. You'll probably want to make a new headlight bracket to move the headlight where it looks good.
My headlight was about 3 inches recessed back in the fairing.Much better now.
I did notice that, what did you use. I ended up removing my shade cause you couldn't see it anyway

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I always gotta be different. I had a MS Batwing and traded it for an oem windshield 'cause I didn't care for the look of the wing once it was mounted. The headlight thing was one issue and I just did like the looks of the MS from the backside.

But then I don't ride that bike other than in town anymore so a windshield will be more than plenty for me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I always gotta be different. I had a MS Batwing and traded it for an oem windshield 'cause I didn't care for the look of the wing once it was mounted. The headlight thing was one issue and I just did like the looks of the MS from the backside.

But then I don't ride that bike other than in town anymore so a windshield will be more than plenty for me.
Your right some bike they just don't look right,,,, should paint the same as bike

1 - 20 of 29 Posts