Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
I don't know, that one looks pretty beat up. It's nothing but the outer shell right? I would say you would be better off to start with a more complete unit. With something like that your going to spend a lot of time and $$ getting the parts you need.

·
Registered
590 Posts
... don't do it ... let it go ... I wouldn't even use it to mock up your mounts as you don't know what you may end up with ...

... something in better shape will absolutely come along for less money than to fix this one ... seriously ...

... you can pick up batwings for (usually) under $200 shipped to your door ... and they won't need much, or any, work at all ... just work up a mount (or buy one from the dude who is selling Larry's/Carbon's design) ... you'll be a bunch happier ...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nah I would let that one go but keep an out open for a better one. lets ride. :D

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
If you can work with fiberglass it might be OK, but it will take some work. It's one of the older ones that didn't have any "inner" part. Easier to mount to our bikes than the newer ones.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i just bought a 97 inner and outter on ebay with the harley head light in it and harley light bar for 405 bucks ...it took me about a month just sitting back and watching...now just gotta find time to install in

·
Registered
590 Posts
RandyB said:
i just bought a 97 inner and outter on ebay with the harley head light in it and harley light bar for 405 bucks ...it took me about a month just sitting back and watching...now just gotta find time to install in
... nicely done man ...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input. I know what my limitations are when it comes to fabrication (they are quite limited), I wanted to find out what to look for and what to avoid.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Have you considered any of the aftermarket alternatives? You'll pay more initially but they will come with all the mounting brackets and such made for your bike.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Studly said:
Have you considered any of the aftermarket alternatives? You'll pay more initially but they will come with all the mounting brackets and such made for your bike.
Other than the quadzilla and the one from rifle, who else makes aftermarket farings for the C50? I prefer the styling of the quadzilla, I just have a hard time justifying that much additional cost for either faring in relation to how much I get to ride-typically 300 miles/week commuting through L.A. traffic. I realize that getting a windshield setup isn't that much better than the price of the rifle faring, but riding without (naked?) is really beating me up.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I am with studly on this one. Unless of course you live near Carbon One. He is the man when it comes to adding fairings to our bikes....

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
LkwdC50B said:
Studly said:
Other than the quadzilla and the one from rifle, who else makes aftermarket farings for the C50? I prefer the styling of the quadzilla, I just have a hard time justifying that much additional cost for either faring in relation to how much I get to ride-typically 300 miles/week commuting through L.A. traffic. I realize that getting a windshield setup isn't that much better than the price of the rifle faring, but riding without (naked?) is really beating me up.
I have the Hoppe Industries Quadzilla and it is excellent! Very easy to install. I had the OEM windshield and it was nice but the fairing is WAY nicer! The radio in the quadzilla was a great addition to the bike and the look great. If you ride 300 miles a week I would say the cost is justified. And you'll be happy listening to tunes as you sit in that LA traffic - unless you lane split to get there faster.

I recommend doing a search here, I know there are several threads discussing fairings made by other manufacturers for the C50. Hope it works out for you and you join the "fairing club" here. 8)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Studly said:
Hope it works out for you and you join the "fairing club" here. 8)
Appreciate all the info, and you never know when I might be knocking on the door for an application to the club.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts