Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to riding, purchased a C50T this last spring and use it as my daily commuter. I'm looking at modifying the bike for more comfort in poor weather and have my eyes set on a Batwing style fairing. Any recommendations for particular brands that work well with the Suzuki cruiser style bikes? Memphis seems to be a fairly popular one, from what I've read. I'm also looking at used fairings and have found it difficult to locate any used C50T specific fairings out there. Seems to be pretty easy to find used Harley parts though. Does anyone have experience with modifying an HD FLHX fairing to fit Suzuki models?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
57,123 Posts
Most Cruiser fairings are fairly close in size, and configuration, so to mount one from one make machine to another, generally entails creating/adapting the mount itself.

Premeux Fairings use the Suzuki factory windshield mount, if I'm not mistaken, and are fabricated in Canada; Quebec, I believe.

I'm not certain what Hoppe and Reckless Fairings use for standard mounting systems, but both Tsukayu and Memphis Shades fairings use Memphis Shade's windshield mounting system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I checked out the Premeux website, looks like it's shutdown. I went to the local suzuki shop and asked about the fitment of a batwing fairing from one bike to another. The parts guy mentioned that the fairings themselves are slightly different from bike to bike, not just the mounting brackets. Anyone have experience with this? I'm a newb trying to not make costly mistakes with buying the wrong parts and being out $$'s. Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
57,123 Posts
There will be slight differences in the cruiser fairings, more so around the headlight size and shape.
If you truly are out to save Yourself fab work, tinkering, and money, simply buy a fairing designed for the MC You ride.

FWIW; I set up a Tsukayu fairing on My C50 around 3.5 years ago, and it's on the forum thread listed below.

http://www.volusiariders.com/47-custom-mods/211893-tsukayu-fairing-installation.html

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Wide Open Custom makes a fairing to fit the C50

Suzuki C50 Fairing Custom Made by WOC

Check out their gallery for the one shot of the bike that is red w/white flames. It would appear that it uses the stock C50 windshield brackets for mounting.

I have the WOC fairing on my Nomad and no complaints with it.

·
Registered
21,178 Posts
The fairings are great for poor weather protection.... But they do require a bit of fiddling to get them 'just right' for the rider. You'll have to experiment with different windshield heights and different combination of lowers to still the air behind the fairing sufficiently. But once it is on and dialed in, they're great. Except on a hot day in July. Then they suck. That is the time of the year you WANT the air to hit you on the bike, so a quick release or other mechanism is beneficial.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.