Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some pictures of my hd batgwing fairing mounted on my bike. I like the way it is on the bike. I did not come up with the slickest looking mount, but it is functional. I still need to do a paint job on the it to get it really looking good. I will probably wait a while to do that though. It does not look too bad the way it is and I don't want to lose riding time. Overall I am happy with it.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i just got the harley fairing myself...also bought the inner and harley lightbar..it will be a few weeks till i get it installed...im not gonna paint mine..im gonna buy the leather bra for it to match my hardleather bags and tank bra..the leather bra for the fairing cover the whole thing so no paint can be seen

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not use the newer fairing with an inner and outer-mine is one from the seventies. I felt it would be easier to mount up. I do think the new ones make a slick looking unit when mounted though.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
thats why im doing away with everything on the front of the bike..also running the harley headlight aswell...so im hoping it all works out..i gonna try using the oem windshield bracket for mounting the fairing

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
patneblett said:
I did not use the newer fairing with an inner and outer-mine is one from the seventies. I felt it would be easier to mount up. I do think the new ones make a slick looking unit when mounted though.
I looked for one of those for a long time before I gave up and bought the newer outer shell and mounted it. They do look good and are quite functional. What type of lowers do you have on there???????

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My lowers are smoke memphis shades. I really would like to move them up a hair, but I am using the mounts for them to mount the bottom of the fairing. That does not leave me room to move them. I may modify the homemade ones I have to fit up to the fairing. They are too long now- They were made to go behind my Memphis Fats shield.

Overall I am pretty happy with it. Now all I need is some bigger hard bags. It never ends, does it?

·
Registered
517 Posts
nice job,i just put one on my bike last week,bought a bra for it from jp but it didn,t fit right so i,m sending it back,suppost to go talk to some people tomorrow about painting it to match my bike.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I think it looks great. You don't need to paint it at all since it matches your two tone already!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does match well, but it has some scratches and dings that don't show in these pics so it does need some paint. After all, it is over 30 years old. It is not bad enough that I won't wait a while though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That batwing looks awesome , I was thinking about that for my 07 m50 and was wondering if it was possible.
Could you tell me what I would need to get that thing on my bike

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know much about the m50. I think lights and some things like that are different. It is like most mods though-if you want to bad enough ,you can find a way. It would be interesting to see what you can do on an m50.

The first thing to do is find a fairing-mine came off ebay. I picked the older style because I thought the mod would be easier without an inner and outer, the light being surrounded, etc. I think it is cheaper to use one of these, too. After you find one you just put it up on the bike and find the spot you like and then hunt for places to mount it and what you need to mount it with. There is some trial and error until you get what you want, but you can see you can get good results if you work with it. There are also some companies that make some fairings that either fit our bikes or are easily adaptable, but they can be a little pricey.

I am pleased with the look I got. There are people on here who can help you if you need it. This site is great for that. The best way to find out if you can do this is to jump in and give it a try. I am willing to help with any questions you might have-as are others here.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
ridinrealtor said:
That batwing looks awesome , I was thinking about that for my 07 m50 and was wondering if it was possible.
Could you tell me what I would need to get that thing on my bike
WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
That looks cool.. but the COOLEST fairing on a VOLUSIA is here.. ...:

Isnt that awesome !!!! no it isnt MadMax.. it was Garym262's

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'd forgotten that one ... that was kewl ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts