Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 2007 suzuki c50.
Charged the battery and it started up fine. I went for a short fifteen minute ride and it just shut off on me. I tried to re-start it and it would not start. Got it charged again and tried to make it home and it shut off again a few miles from home. Charged it again and was able to make it home. What would be causing this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The ride I did was mostly highway and both times it shutoff on me was when I was slowing down for a light.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
23,785 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I would pull the battery and take it to O'Reilly. They will be happy to test it for you. If it passes their tests it's probably the stator on the bike not charging the battery. You can test it yourself with a multimeter. You should get a reading around 14v while the bike is running. Personally, O'Reilly is close enough that I just let them test the battery for me. I find that the test their machine does is more thorough than I get with a multimeter.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Bike was putting out enough charge while at highway speeds but not enough at slower speeds...
Bad battery

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I'm going to guess that 99.9999% of shot batteries are due to being shot batteries.
You sir, with your words of wisdom for the ages, are a master of the obvious.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It's a zebra, you need more windshield washer fluid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts