Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the battery in my 06 C50T for the first time since the bike was bought new. The old battery still cranked fast, but experience told me it was beyond time to replace it. WalMart had one for $59.00, but I wanted an AGM maint. free. I shopped around and ended up buying O'Reiley's Auto Parts best battery, for $90.00 plus the refundable core charge. It's a Super Start ETX12 and I hope it serves me 1/2 as well as the OEM original. BTW, the charge on the original battery was never once depleted and the bike never sat with out being ridden for more than 2 weeks. No need for a battery tender... I think these factors and luck helped this battery last so long. What I wanted anyone that is considering this battery to know, is that it "did" slide in and fit perfectly, but that the terminal posts are shaped differently. I'm sure it will function just fine with the use of the copper bushings that they send to make it work, but I did like the original OEM style better in this regard, so if your thinking about buying this battery, you might take a close look at the posts before you bring it home. Also, the red plastic cover on the positive terminal will no longer fit quite right due to this new shape, but it's no big deal. It seems that every time I buy a replacement motorcycle battery that the manufacturer claims is a direct replacement for the OEM, I find the replacement works, but it's never exactly the same. Hope this helps someone....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts