Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have had several PM's and discussions w/a few folks about hard bags etc. I never took time to post pics of the bates bags. Well they are in my gallery now. Sorry for the crappy pics but my the only camera I had w/me was my cell phone and it was getting towards dusk.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
WoW! I LIKE those. First time I've seen these bags. Any install problems? Howz overall quality?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are off of 1980 era Goldwings etc. Duffy has some too. They show up on Ebay now and then. As long as the fiberglass is on good shape you are good to go. The lights are mounted w/bolts to an inner bracket and there is 3 holes in the bags for each light 2 bolt size and 1 about 1 1/2". You could mount almost any tail light with this set up. The lens for the original taillights(Bates) are getting hard to find so if you crack or break one it is almost cheaper to change lights. Lots of room and they lock. I had to make some of the brackets to get the bags mounted solid where they don't wiggle back and forth going down the road.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
The chrome accents and wrap around bars come with the bags? I have saddlemans now but have decided to go to hardbags. Been shopping around. Just about decided on mutzie's (sp) but I like these MUCH better.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Those look very good Rex, and nice and big too.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Windburn Bill said:
The chrome accents and wrap around bars come with the bags? I have saddlemans now but have decided to go to hardbags. Been shopping around. Just about decided on muzzie's but I like these MUCH better.
The chrome wrap around is part of the mounting bracket. I also have HD soft tail rear crash bars mounted in front of the bags.

Ride Safe,
Rex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts