Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Banned by exclusion

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  billy barty 
#1 ·
Just a thought. There are obvious people or persons that post here (as well as VOL) simply to ruffle feathers. They feed off of heated commentary regarding their posts. I can picture a little pinhead worm grinning like Alfred Nueman shaking with anticipation as they are checking the board for new replies. All the while giggling like some sadistic 12 year old girl.

Don't feed the animal, and the animal will die.

I will not insert my 2 cents on those posts anymore, and would suggest we all do the same. Without attention, hopefully the disease will die a slow mental death.

Cory

#2 ·
He was banned yet again from VOL, but he hasnt been around at all here, not logged on at least.

I agree, lionfan, that within areas that people are looking for legit info, garbage posts get very frustrating. However, I made clear we have a playground for those who need to just play, for whatever reason be it they are a frustrated member, a troll, or a mental escapee. There are no rules there, and nothing that goes on in there has any influence on anyone, unless they try and crash the site from there in which case its the last time they will have access to this board. But in the end, its up to you to venture in there or not...

After my post in the censorship thread, everyone seems to understand and be ok with it. All we ask is that it stays that way. Post on :D

#6 ·
5th ton,
What may be a good addition to an otherwise fantastic site would be the individual ability to ignore/block certain members. This way it's by my own choice that I ignore, not yours. Just a thought.
Stu

#8 ·
I'm BACK .......hehehe
WOW , I couldn't get on for the past 24 hrs.
I was loosin it , BIG TIME !!!!
I agree with this idea 100%
I will back this to the max , except on the playground , between us "regular" bros , OK ?

Man it's nice to be BACK with the "family" again :D

#9 ·
Hello all you familiar folks, guess I finally found where the heck everybody went. I feel that the purposely abrasive posts here, or wherever, are like T.V., if you don't like what you're seeing, just "change the channel" and ignore them. That's what they all seem to get their life-blood from, being able to get under your skin like a chigger and dig 'til they've really got you cranked. Just my thoughts, nuthin' else. Later,,,,Rich.

#10 ·
Lionfan,

Perhaps if you tried to develop your sense of humor, you would be less troubled when the "lowest common denominators", life's flotsom and jetsom post here.

I must tell you, a number of these controversial figures on this site tended to GET MY GOAT (I am shy and timid by nature, as most of you know) but I finally decided not to let it get to me.

Oh sure, this was a tough process. I couldn't stand when the bastards kept posting differing views from me (I MUST HAVE ORDER -ORDER DAMN IT, I SAY!) Many a time I wanted to pull the goldarn instigator through my computer screen, rip off his head, and deficate down his friggin' neck!
And that was on my GOOD days...

Then I discovered HUMOR -and I haven't been troubled since.

Why not try it? I think you might like it!

#11 ·
GIFD01 said:
5th ton,
What may be a good addition to an otherwise fantastic site would be the individual ability to ignore/block certain members. This way it's by my own choice that I ignore, not yours. Just a thought.
Stu
I think this idea from GIFD01 is a good one. Being a member on some other boards that have this feature, let me tell you it makes it much less aggravating when I can just block someone's posts from appearing in a thread. There will still be a header showing that they posted, and if I choose to there is an option to see what was posted by them. Just a thought. Ride Safe.

#13 ·
The great thing about freedom of speach is that even the idiots can say what they want. The great thing about freedom of choice is that we don't have to respond. If there are no responses to inflamitory posts, eventually they will go somewhere else to get the response they are looking for. :wink:

If you keep adding fuel to the fire it will continue to burn. Cut off the fuel and the fire goes out! :lol:

#14 ·
Freedom of speech does not mean that we need to listen (read). I wholeheartedly agree that we should be able to individually be able to block certail people's posts. I do not think that they should be banned from the site. The certain person who I am thinking of usually does post what I consider to be trolling posts in the playground area. I said usually.

#15 ·
OK- let me get this straight. It's not good enough to SCROLL past an offensive and/or disagreeable post. Some of you would prefer to electronically block such responses from ever reaching your end at all.

I wonder how folks with this mindset navigate through the REAL world.
I mean you can PRETEND all you want that the world is a perfect place- peopled by folks who think EXACTLY like yourself on EVERY issue- never to upset the apple-cart, but at the end of the day you're really only kidding yourself.

And limiting your personal growth as well. The free exchange of ideas is a concept upon which this great country was founded. Too bad you don't wish to take advantage of it...

#16 ·
There are many things in the world THAT I do not participate . But its MY choice.
There are people in this world with whom I do not associate, and thats MY choice.
There are places in this world I do not attend and that is also MY choice.
There are people on this site that enter post that I do not care to read and thats MY choice.
BUT,

WHEN THIS BOARD REACHES A CONCLUSION THAT DOES NOT ALLOW ONE TO POST OR CHOOSE THE POST ONE CAN OR CAN NOT READ, I'LL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER SITE..... :?

#17 ·
Well said Gaboy-and I mean that!

And I prove to you two things by saying it:

#1 I'm not always confrontational or negative,and am willing to compliment another when it's merited.

#2 I'm not ****-phobic.......Get it..herherher..."Gaboy"...herherher...not ****-phobic...herherher------Beavis and Butthead

PS Really, why the handle Gaboy? Is it a serious proclamation?

Not that I have a problem with that (Oh,OF COURSE NOT ---seinfeld)

#19 ·
billy barty said:
Well said Gaboy-and I mean that!

And I prove to you two things by saying it:

#1 I'm not always confrontational or negative,and am willing to compliment another when it's merited.

#2 I'm not ****-phobic.......Get it..herherher..."Gaboy"...herherher...not ****-phobic...herherher------Beavis and Butthead

PS Really, why the handle Gaboy? Is it a serious proclamation?

Not that I have a problem with that (Oh,OF COURSE NOT ---seinfeld)
I've been wondering the same thing. I am assuming it is Georgia boy. But I have been waiting for Billy to bring it up, What took so long Billy?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.