Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I rejet with MCcarb.com kit, the bike started and idled fine. I didn’t even need to have the choke out a notch.

I went for quick spin and noticed that my idle seemed a little high so I adjusted it.

That’s when things started going bad, now the bike will not idle unless I have the choke almost fully out. No matter how much I turn the idle knob I can’t seem to get the idle to change.

Everything else seems fine,the bike runs great on throttle. Now I don't know
if something with the rejet went bad or could there be somthing wrong with
the idle adjuster?

·
Premium Member
14,446 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I double checked o-ring so I sure thats not the problem.

When I was reassembling the needle I could not get white plastic piece that sits on top of the needle to stay in place. Could that also be why I can’t adjust the idle?

·
Registered
134 Posts
marked for info. Did you block main air jet ? I think that is what is called. I have to go look.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
orca said:
marked for info. Did you block main air jet ? I think that is what is called. I have to go look.
A normal rejet doesn't need the air jet plugged. Just a stage 3 where you are putting on Thunder Mfg air kits that flow much more air than just the K&N.

Your needle is probably not snapped in tight is why it isn't wanting to idle.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
The needle shouldn't be affecting the idle circuit, if its not in right, it may be letting fuel blow by. Also. did you adjust the mixture screw?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure, I guess I should have kept quiet. :? :oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts