1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
that should be fine. Is it removable like the Grasshopper??

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Grasshopper makes one for the Vulcans also............I have a modified one of his on my 1500 Classic.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think the one in the link I sent is removeable. But Really like that idea. I'll google 'grasshopper backrest' and see what I get.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link bipestuff. It's a nice backrest but a hundred dollars!? I'll have to think about that one for a bit.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Thanks for the link bipestuff. It's a nice backrest but a hundred dollars!? I'll have to think about that one for a bit.
Stop thinking and buy it. Your back will love you for it. Sold mine on the Vol and stopped riding it because of no backrest.:wayhappy:

The one on my trike is not removable and that's fine with me cause I ain't driving without it.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Keep an eye out and you can find them used. I have an extra that I used a Nomad backrest pad to make. A friend was interested in buying it but hasn't come up with the bucks just yet.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep an eye out and you can find them used. I have an extra that I used a Nomad backrest pad to make. A friend was interested in buying it but hasn't come up with the bucks just yet.
Yes, I'll keep my eyes peeled. If your friend changes his mind let me know. I'm on a 1600 Classic but it I think the seat mounts are the same.

·
Super Moderator
20,498 Posts
having used a backrest since 2004, the part i like about my mustang backrest is the adjustable feature..can be adjusted higher or lower and tilts into various positions...I see this one does not offer the hi/low option but the adjustable part is available...a bit more but in my opinion worth the investment. Your paying for comfort...sort of like realizing your rear end can't tolerate the stock seat...hate to spend the money but its all about making the ride the best as possible. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Yes, I'll keep my eyes peeled. If your friend changes his mind let me know. I'm on a 1600 Classic but it I think the seat mounts are the same.

They are exactly the same.......the one currently on my 1500 came off a 1600 Nomad.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just got the solo tombstone from grasshopper for the vl. Nice but the 1st thing I noticed was the little set screw, I removed it and drilled and taped for a ss bolt stops it from going side to side
But still worth getting good item

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info Duffy, that will help my search.

Bagger Volusia, how much did you pay for your backrest? Where did you get it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts