Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

While enjoying a nice ride last night, my bike emitted a loud backfire that scared the crap out of me. Only 7k miles on it. Completely stock. Synthetic oil, had a valve adj. at 4k miles. Didn't do it again.

are fuel injected bikes supposed to do this? Any ideas why it happened?
Thanks!
Adrian

·
Registered
590 Posts
.. got pair valve?? ... lol ... even the best tuned bike backfires sometimes ... even it becomes a habbit then I would start looking deeper into what is causing the problem ...

.... were you decelerating?? ...

·
Administrator
54,226 Posts
My C50 seldom backfires, but when it does........I know that it's time for a dose of injector cleaner.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
backfire

Wasn't decelerating. Just cruising along. If it hapens again or becomse more frequently, i will look into it. Thanks!
Adrian

·
Registered
697 Posts
Psyc0 said:
My C50 seldom backfires, but when it does........I know that it's time for a dose of injector cleaner.
Mine has backfired a few times...and I have no PAIR. Is Fuel Injector cleaning common. I do it on my car but I guess the thought never occurred to use it in the bike.

·
Administrator
54,226 Posts
ghostflames said:
Psyc0 said:
Mine has backfired a few times...and I have no PAIR. Is Fuel Injector cleaning common. I do it on my car but I guess the thought never occurred to use it in the bike.
Fuel injectors become clogged, particularly near the tip so I would add some cleaner from time to time. :wink:

·
Registered
147 Posts
If your bike has Fi the backfire may be from raving you bike at a stop light so you can hear the pipes. when i picked up my C50T I was raving it up and the mechanic at the dealer said with FI raving it all the time like that will couse it to backfire. And not makeing fun of the HD but he said its not a HD you dont have to keep it running.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
:p Mine's not FI....but I can make it backfire and shoot a purty blue flame...
it is much easier at higher altitudes..... :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts