Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very long warm up .needing keep cchoke out some for while or she dies at stop. while at stip ang goose throttle..no response like no gas gettin thru .maybe carb and air cleaner. maybe rejet? New fluids..new tires..

anyone?
Dealerships and some shops really expensive..i just hope i can afford fix and be able to ride. ..
wouldn't want shaft to seize rollin. down the road
thanks for any response!

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
Very long warm up .needing keep cchoke out some for while or she dies at stop. while at stip ang goose throttle..no response like no gas gettin thru .maybe carb and air cleaner. maybe rejet? New fluids..new tires..

anyone?
Dealerships and some shops really expensive..i just hope i can afford fix and be able to ride. ..
wouldn't want shaft to seize rollin. down the road
thanks for any response!
The ''choke'' on these bikes is not a choke of the same design that you would find on your cars carburetor or even your old lawn mower.

It is an ''enrichment circuit'' that you activate by pulling the knob.... does the same thing. These engines are cold blooded and take a while to respond to warmup at the best of times. Your maintenance history should tell you the kind of service your bike has had. A good carb cleaning and ''overhaul'' may be in order.

A ''rejet'' isn't necessary unless you've changed the intake system and the exhaust.

The rest of the fluids do need to be checked/changed from time to time according to the maintenance schedule in your owners manual or service manual.

·
Registered
238 Posts
sounds like a dirty carb or fuel filter try running a good carb cleaner like sea foam in a tank or 2 and I always used just a lil more then suggested and has brought some motors back to life that where doing same thing

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Top Tier Gasoline contains five times the government required cleaning agents in the gas. Our local Costco not only is the cheapest gas around but contains more than five times the government requirement of cleaning agents.

Regular backfires is often the result of one cylinder not firing all the time. Sometimes changing the plugs will solve the problem.

Motorcycles aren't really designed for really cold temperature rides as most don't ride motorcycles in really cold weather. I find Starting Fluid sprayed in the air intake is a great way to start engines in cold weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts