Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a major problem with backfiring of my C50. It backfired before I debaffled and now it shoots out "flaming balls of fire". Has anybody else had this problem? It is only on deceleration/ coast or down shift down a hill. Also it blows a lot of carbon.

the second problem is that on hot days after I get gas ans stand up the bike 10-20 seconds later gas comes out from under the cap.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know about the backfire but the fuel tank should not be filled past the bottom of the lip you see in the tank. That is the safe fill point so gas will not run out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fill it the same on cooler days with no problem. Fill it ti the bottom of the neck till the air bubbles stop. It only happens when the bike and temp are hot. Seems like the tank is building up pressure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The gas will heat up and expand a little. If you've ever noticed how cool the tank gets when you fill it on a hot day. The gas sitting underground in the storage tanks stays relatively cool. You put it in your gas tank, it warms up and expands.
One way to avoid this is to ride it after you fill it. :) Use the gas faster then it can expand.
or Don't fill it so full on hot days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts