Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Nice, have fun with it. (I'm partial to the color, love it)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Coming back from NY on Rt 84 someone threw a whole cup of milk off of the overpass and it landed on my hood, bouncing off the windshield and hitting my face shield. Thank God I had both shields down as it got me pretty good. It scares me to think what could have happened.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
That could only happen to the dog....

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Went on our first group ride with 7 other Slingshots. Man some of these guys really trick them out dropping $20-$60 thousand on top of the purchase. Anyways my gps was not working and there were two Park and Ride lots in Waterbury. Of course we were at the wrong one. A guy on a beautiful Harley pulled up to talk to us about our SS. He was on his way to trade it in for a new Harley. We chatted for a few minutes then he offered to take us to another lot up the road a couple miles. Really nice guy and nice of him to go out of his way to do that. Our group went up to Mt Greylock.

·
Super Moderator
56,237 Posts
Coming across Rt 80 in Jersey just now I saw a slingshot like yours same color and everything Jim. Then traffic was all backed up a little while later and when I finally got to see what was going on there was a fancy painted up slingshot all smashed into pieces on the back of a rollback with another one behind who must have been a fellow Rider.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Coming across Rt 80 in Jersey just now I saw a slingshot like yours same color and everything Jim. Then traffic was all backed up a little while later and when I finally got to see what was going on there was a fancy painted up slingshot all smashed into pieces on the back of a rollback with another one behind who must have been a fellow Rider.
Damn, I’ll have to see if it was any of the boys in the North East Riders Group.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
In true Dog luck fashion the clutch master cylinder went on the Slingshot. It’s in the shop now. Fortunately there was two years left on the warranty. One reason why I bought this one, didn’t want another Spyder like problem on my hands with no warranty. No deductible. No worries, real good coverage and Polaris dealer 4 miles from the house.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Picking up the SS tomorrow. New clutch master cylinder replaced and a new fuse box installed (a brand new recall). We’re hoping to be part of the toy run on Sunday in MA. Sounds like a few other Slings will be there. Anybody else going? Look for “The Dog”.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Picking up the SS tomorrow. New clutch master cylinder replaced and a new fuse box installed (a brand new recall). We’re hoping to be part of the toy run on Sunday in MA. Sounds like a few other Slings will be there. Anybody else going? Look for “The Dog”.
Glad you're going to be able to ride a little more before the season's over, Jim! Hope you and Dianne have a great time.

Mike has joined a group called the Catskills Spyder Riders, which was going to meet up today for lunch about an hour away from us. However, the temperature hasn't gotten above freezing here yet today, and the meet-up was cancelled on account of the cold.

Now our riding plans this weekend involve going to a filling station, topping up with gas, adding some StaBil, and putting on enough miles to mix the fluids. <Sigh ...>

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Bright Side Toy Run. Coming back strong amazing day, hundreds of bikes, dozens of trikes, another dozen Spyders and two Slingshots. And two truck loads of toys.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Cool Jim. Wish we could have joined you. Been packing Michelle's parents up all weekend as they are moving next Friday to assisted living.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Cool Jim. Wish we could have joined you. Been packing Michelle's parents up all weekend as they are moving next Friday to assisted living.

It was cool bringing Dianne this time, she really liked it. I brought her up to the the now closed Bright Side and she showed me the dorm she lived in when she was 5.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts