Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just got back from a four day trip to the Dragon. Rode from Orlando to NorthCarolina with a buddy and spent a day in the mountains. rode the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Moonshiner 28, along with other less known roads. The road I had the most fun on was 28. It has a little bit of everything and is a blast! I have to say though, any road is great up there. no matter what road you turn down, it was twisty and great scenery. We stayed at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville, NC. It is right on 129 and the owners are great. Every room has a garage for the bikes and all of the guest hang out and bull$h!t at night. My Vol turned 25,000 on the way home. Great trip. Had a blast. Some of the pics are in my gallery, and I got a new avatar out of it. Pretty good multi-tasking taking pics of the speedo/odo at almost eighty!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love the smokies, my favorite place in the world! We are heading down the last week of July with the bikes. I am soo excited!

We will have to ride the moonshiner 28 this time and see what it is all about. We usually stay on 129 and keep riding deeper into NC. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nice pics too!

Congrats on 25k! ... mine is close behind yours!!... is that good or bad???:-?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I love the smokies, my favorite place in the world!
Ours too. It's why we moved here in 2000. :wayhappy:

I saw this thread and finally got around to posting pics from my April ride. Pretty much made the same loop. It's a blast.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the smokies, my favorite place in the world! We are heading down the last week of July with the bikes. I am soo excited!

We will have to ride the moonshiner 28 this time and see what it is all about. We usually stay on 129 and keep riding deeper into NC. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nice pics too!

Congrats on 25k! ... mine is close behind yours!!... is that good or bad???:-?
28 starts at the resort and goes all the way to South Carolina. It is an awesome ride the whole way.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Hey all,

Just got back from a four day trip to the Dragon. Rode from Orlando to NorthCarolina with a buddy and spent a day in the mountains. rode the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Moonshiner 28, along with other less known roads. The road I had the most fun on was 28. It has a little bit of everything and is a blast! I have to say though, any road is great up there. no matter what road you turn down, it was twisty and great scenery. We stayed at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville, NC. It is right on 129 and the owners are great. Every room has a garage for the bikes and all of the guest hang out and bull$h!t at night. My Vol turned 25,000 on the way home. Great trip. Had a blast. Some of the pics are in my gallery, and I got a new avatar out of it. Pretty good multi-tasking taking pics of the speedo/odo at almost eighty!:biglaugh:
Sounds great .. I just bookmarked the Two wheel inn... just over 200 miles from me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ours too. It's why we moved here in 2000. :wayhappy:

I saw this thread and finally got around to posting pics from my April ride. Pretty much made the same loop. It's a blast.
28 starts at the resort and goes all the way to South Carolina. It is an awesome ride the whole way.
Tom, we fullfilled our "love of the smokies" by owning a cabin there. We go about six times a year but only take the bikes once or twice a year. We are planning on retiring there in a few years.

1badbiker, thanks for the info, as soon as you posted the road I went googling to see where it was!! We will definitely check the road out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts