Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those unfortunate enough to know me, well they also know my love for the ride...do it year round,. road conditions permissable, even in the colder temps...they do sell heated gear...right?...anyway...last year...2nd year of retirement decided to see if their was any chance I could make it to the senior tour...golf...love the game...frustrations and all...knowing full well at best, even if I spent the entire year practicing, taking more lessons, etc, pretty much dedicating my life to the game, the closest I would get would be as a spectator at an event or maybe as a volunteer working an event.... but its a guy thing, and sometimes we have to know for sure...as a result, the tires on the c90 logged the fewest miles I have logged in any given year since I started riding since 2004.

So played alot of golf, never really got any better...surprised?...and accepted the reality that it was time to get back in the saddle on a more regular basis. So the riding is back to somewhat normal...still playing alot of golf but its pretty much a 50/50 trade off...put together alot of lunch meets that only a small handfull ever attend...whatever...not all of us have all this free time...and enjoy the company with those who do show as we catch up on whats going on in the world today as well as in our lives and make some attempt to stay in touch...appreciate it guys and gals......but also realized how much I missed the riding itself even if just for 60-90 minute coffee cruises...

so hopefully another 4 months of riding opportunities left...Rally in Vermont in Sept...the yearly week long riding vacation in the White Mts of NH in October and hopeffuly a Cape Cod day/overniter trip from one end of the cape to the other end once all the vacationers leave will be had...if not..next year.

in the end...forgot how much riding really is a part of my life and the joy it brings not to mention the friendships we make along the way. Ride safe all..and put some miles on those tires.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
for those unfortunate enough to know me, well they also know my love for the ride...do it year round,. road conditions permissable, even in the colder temps...they do sell heated gear...right?...anyway...last year...2nd year of retirement decided to see if their was any chance I could make it to the senior tour...golf...love the game...frustrations and all...knowing full well at best, even if I spent the entire year practicing, taking more lessons, etc, pretty much dedicating my life to the game, the closest I would get would be as a spectator at an event or maybe as a volunteer working an event.... but its a guy thing, and sometimes we have to know for sure...as a result, the tires on the c90 logged the fewest miles I have logged in any given year since I started riding since 2004.

So played alot of golf, never really got any better...surprised?...and accepted the reality that it was time to get back in the saddle on a more regular basis. So the riding is back to somewhat normal...still playing alot of golf but its pretty much a 50/50 trade off...put together alot of lunch meets that only a small handfull ever attend...whatever...not all of us have all this free time...and enjoy the company with those who do show as we catch up on whats going on in the world today as well as in our lives and make some attempt to stay in touch...appreciate it guys and gals......but also realized how much I missed the riding itself even if just for 60-90 minute coffee cruises...

so hopefully another 4 months of riding opportunities left...Rally in Vermont in Sept...the yearly week long riding vacation in the White Mts of NH in October and hopeffuly a Cape Cod day/overniter trip from one end of the cape to the other end once all the vacationers leave will be had...if not..next year.

in the end...forgot how much riding really is a part of my life and the joy it brings not to mention the friendships we make along the way. Ride safe all..and put some miles on those tires.
Hey DCinCT. Coincidentally I tried the same thing. Retired, and decided to try to up my golf game to pro level. It's a tough row to hoe. I found I had too many nagging injuries, even if I did have the skills, which is of course unlikely. So I gave up the pro idea . Now that i'm riding again, after a 30+ year lay off, I can't imagine why I stopped. Im riding daily and feel younger every time I throw a leg over. Hope to meet you, and the other members here some day, for a ride. Maybe we could play a round or two.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey DCinCT. Coincidentally I tried the same thing. Retired, and decided to try to up my golf game to pro level. It's a tough row to hoe. I found I had too many nagging injuries, even if I did have the skills, which is of course unlikely. So I gave up the pro idea . Now that i'm riding again, after a 30+ year lay off, I can't imagine why I stopped. Im riding daily and feel younger every time I throw a leg over. Hope to meet you, and the other members here some day, for a ride. Maybe we could play a round or two.:cool:
ever come up north or for that matter...northeast..hit me up...always up for a ride. Where ya located?

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Guess I'm still on a break, not retired, trying to split the weekends up with a round of golf with the son, getting back out on the big pond with the boat, (took a break from the boat for a few years), and weekend chores.

Bikes are insured, registered, but haven't been out if the cave this year yet....maybe in the fall.

Too many toys, just not enough time.

If the son stops playing golf....frees up time for the bike.

Reactions: Mr. Johnny...

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Go play golf but ride your bike around the course. Fasten your pull along, with your clubs, behind you. The twisties may be tough on your clubs though. It's not like you're going on tour, right?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
ever come up north or for that matter...northeast..hit me up...always up for a ride. Where ya located?
Oklahoma. One of our kids used to live in Connecticut, but she is back in Oklahoma . We used to visit her fairly often. You guys have some pretty country to ride in. We are vacationing in Florida this year. But next year maybe we could head up that way. If you ever get down this way let me know. The riding is not that pretty, unless you go to eastern Oklahoma. But we have several nice golf courses.🏌️‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guess I'm still on a break, not retired, trying to split the weekends up with a round of golf with the son, getting back out on the big pond with the boat, (took a break from the boat for a few years), and weekend chores.

Bikes are insured, registered, but haven't been out if the cave this year yet....maybe in the fall.

Too many toys, just not enough time.

If the son stops playing golf....frees up time for the bike.

does he still have the volusia?

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oklahoma. One of our kids used to live in Connecticut, but she is back in Oklahoma . We used to visit her fairly often. You guys have some pretty country to ride in. We are vacationing in Florida this year. But next year maybe we could head up that way. If you ever get down this way let me know. The riding is not that pretty, unless you go to eastern Oklahoma. But we have several nice golf courses.🏌️‍♂️
had to take some training courses at the postal training center in Norman when I as with the post office...2 week course so on the weekend i rented a car and explored rt 66 stopping along the route to learn some history about the road. Did the tour of the memorial in oaklahoma city...very humbling and emotional. Shame I wasn't there during the college football season...would have been fun to take in a game.

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
He does still have the Volusia. Not sure if it's registered though. He hasn't ridden in a couple of years.

Natedog, my company is based in Broken Arrow....I'm there a few times a year.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jay...you should join us at Petes Birthday celebration next saturday...get to meet some new folk...even if just for lunch...be nice if others made the attempt also..the guy always shows up for anything anyone sets up around here.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
had to take some training courses at the postal training center in Norman when I as with the post office...2 week course so on the weekend i rented a car and explored rt 66 stopping along the route to learn some history about the road. Did the tour of the memorial in oaklahoma city...very humbling and emotional. Shame I wasn't there during the college football season...would have been fun to take in a game.
I was less than a mile away when the bomb went off, unbelievably loud and violent. I have friends who lost family there. Very sad day for all of us. I assume, since you were in Norman, you're talking about going to a OU game. I wouldn't be able to go with you. I'm an Oklahoma State alumni. If I go into that stadium I 🤮 LoL

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
He does still have the Volusia. Not sure if it's registered though. He hasn't ridden in a couple of years.

Natedog, my company is based in Broken Arrow....I'm there a few times a year.
Hey. Let me know when your here. I'm pretty sure i'm going to have at least two bikes in the near future. :p I'll loan you one. We be riding. What company in BA.

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
BlackHawk Industrial Nate. I'm the Director of Manufacturing for them.

Dennis, we're heading to Lake George in the morning, come back Friday, and we have a delivery coming in Saturday I have to be home for.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
have a good time in Lake George...heard Nancy and Mike from the blue moon sold the business.

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Really, we were planning on stopping in to see them. That's too bad.

I'll see if I can get in touch with him thru his office, if they're still in the area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts