Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing a lot of searching through various web pages in search of the perfect pipe I compiled this list. I hope it will be helpful to anyone else looking for pipes.
I am adding some basic pricing info. This is not intended to show the best prices out there nor the best place to buy from. It will however show at least one place that has them. It is provided to show a general price for each set of pipes for a quick comparison. If you find a great deal please post here so others may benefit from your knowledge.

Hard Krome (among the Loudest)
– 3in. Big Straights $465 (Oneida)
– 3in. Equalizer Staggered Straights $465 (Oneida)
– Kickers $465 (Oneida)
– 2.5in. American Classic Straights $395 (Oneida)
– Strippers Straights without hard tips $349 (Oneida)

Jardine (middle of the road loud)
- 2-1 Megaphone $374 (cyclewareables.com)
- 2-2 Exhaust Slash Cut $209 (Oneida)
- 2-2 Exhaust Taper $189 (Oneida)
- Straight Cut Drag Pipes $359 (Phat Performance)

Vance & Hines (middle to upper loudness)
- Straightshots (louder) $315 (Oneida)
- Cruzers (quieter than Straightshots) $315 (Oneida)
Note: baffles can be wrapped to change tone.

Roadhouse (quietest of the aftermarket pipes)
- Classic Exhaust System $441 (Oneida)
NEW! 11-05 Roadhouse 65 Slip Ons $295 (Pipe City)

Cobra (middle of the road loud)
– Drag pipes - $289 (Oneida)
– (2'' Drags have removable baffles, very loud with baffles removed)
_ Slashcuts - $319 (Oneida)
(Baffles not removable)
COBRA STREETROD EXHAUST (new) $383 (Oneida)

Custom Pipe Brands (ear bleeding loud!)
- Morton Violators $595 (East Bay Thunder Inc)
- Highway Hawk –
- Turndown Exhaust $729 (Motorcycle-Exhaust.com)
- Their website shows at least 5 pipes including slashcut, straights, double wall fat pipes and turndowns.

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
Pipe post

Thank you Dan the Man for even posting good valuable information like this to the VR spectrum. I'm also in the market for procuring a set of exhaust pipes/K&N air cleaner for my C50T. Given your list of how load pipes are, it gives everyone in the Vr an idea of what they're looking for. Also, I think you hit most of them, BUB is another aftermarket exhaust, and its good to know all these vendors also have web site to see the style and look we all really want. Great job. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the good words guys. I will adjust the info on loudness and available pipes as you add your info. I am no expert on loudness, everything I used in my post came from what I have read on this site. We definitely have some experts here at this site so we should be able to tweak this to the point of perfection. Thanks to all who post here.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I e-mailed BUB about a Volusia pipe. They currently are not making anything for our bikes but said to keep checking because they are adding new products all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems to be a great list. I just recently purchased the HK 2.5 American Classics. I have yet to put them on. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Also, is there on Jet Kit that is better than the rest. I am looking at the Dyno.

Thanks for the info, Hogfan

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the Dyno kit as per Briman's site recommendations but haven't used it yet. I have V&H Straightshots with Velocity tips ordered and plan to do it all on one day.
I typed "rejet" or "jet kit" into the search box and found a lot of info on what has worked for others here.
Be sure to let us know what you use and how your pipes sound so others will have the benefit of your experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pipes

Hi I am really interested in hearing how you pipes work out. I've been eyeing those Hard Krome Classic and wonder how they look and sound. Be sure to add pictures to your gallery or shot me an email when you are done. Welcome aboard. Michael2617

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The COBRA 2'' Drags have removable baffles... If you remove them they go under the EAR BLEEDING LOUD SECTION!!!

LOUDER THEN THE VIOLATORS!!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Available pipes for C50

This is a great list and helps a lot. I am thinking about pipes. But loudness is only one aspect of the sound of the pipes. I am looking for a moderately loud pipe that gives a deep rumble. I don't like the loud hollow sound you get from some pipes. Any info on that available - tone or rumble effect I mean?

·
Registered
178 Posts
fiv_oh_po_po said:
The COBRA 2'' Drags have removable baffles... If you remove them they go under the EAR BLEEDING LOUD SECTION!!!

LOUDER THEN THE VIOLATORS!!!!!
Yep ... have had both ... the Violators have a completely different sound from anything else out there and I will be running with them until johnnylaw makes me take them off ... amazing sound ... nice thunder when sitting or cruising ... and raise-hell-loud when you lay into the throttle ... definitely ear-bleeding loud when pulling hard ...

... the Cobra Boulevard 2" Drags without baffles bang loud and hard from 0mph-115mph ... no "quiet zones" through the throttle or when cruising ... always "on" and will definitely give you some permanent ear ring after a SS-1000 run ...

... the Violators tend to "ride quiet" when cruising and get loud when you roll on the throttle ... the cobras roar at a higher tone ... but not tinny at all ... just dang loud and banging without baffles ... you can feel the ground shake ... the Violators have the thunder and deeper pop that really confuse other bikers as to just what the heck you are running ... lots of fun with one nasty look ... add a tornado air kit and you will turn some heads on bike night ...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the info guys. The descriptions on what the different pipes sound like and which baffles are removable etc. are especially helpful. Keep um coming.

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Yeah, or the place that offers the best price/shipping costs for each one too. I'll be happy to offer my services for research (I'm a geek that way). :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I Just replaced my COBRA 2'' Drag Stock Baffles w/ Big City Thunder Monsters!!! And BOY!!! THAT IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Cobra 2'' Drags = $289.00 + Shipping (Oneidasuzuki.com)
Big City Thunder Monsters = $89.95 + Shipping (BigCityThunder.com)

***NOTE*** i know some people will fight w/ me but... Oneidasuzuki.com seems to have the BEST price on all pipes...

RON

1 - 20 of 99 Posts