Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the deep south and August is always hot to a fault.

This morning I headed out on the open road at 7:00 AM, my Atomic Clock indicated it was 68 degrees. I put on my denim jacket, jeans, boots and pointed her north on HY 79. As I rolled through the countryside I went through a small community with a sign on its city hall, temperature 63 degrees it read.

This is downright cold for August in Alabama but I'll take all I can get. NOAA said the temp would be 85 by 11 AM which is still comfortable but that was time to go home. I guess I'll stick to mornings for a while longer but Fall is just around the corner.

Time for all day rides!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can usually judge the the "heat" of summer by the feel of the lake in Guntersville. Back around 2000, the lake would feel like a warm bath by this time but for the last few years it has maintained a certain briskness.

·
Super Moderator
26,144 Posts
summer finally arrived here in the northeast this week...wonder how long it plans on staying...kinda liked the fall weather we had this past august.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well crap, the wind changed.

For a while we were getting breezes out of the northwest bringing lower dew points and drier air.

Now the Gulf moisture is back bring heat indexes close to 100 degrees.

Guess I'll have to wait till the end of September till the real fall arrives.

·
Registered
579 Posts
temps

Garrett and I were out about 8:30 Saturday for a 120+ mile ride before it go too hot . I found it interesting as we were riding that there seemed to be a lot of "thermal currents". Ride along and then you would feel the heat rise considerably then cool off.
Around here (Florida) right now it gets to about 85 by 10 a.m. and above 95 by about 1 with a heat index of over 100.
I'll take it though since I know when it cools down up north riding season is over for most bikers unless you have fairings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.