Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently been seeing advertisements for a helmet speaker system called Domio. The concept seems great. Not sure how well it works in actual application. Curious what other systems there are out there that are similar in concept. Had anyone tried this one in particular? Any recommendations? Looking to get the benefit of having music while riding. Possibly phone call accessibility. While still being able to hear the road without the noise cancelling of headphones.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I use a FREECOM 2. I mostly ride alone but occasionally my wife will go out with me so we can chat back and forth without having to yell over my shoulder. When I’m out alone I use my phone to blue tooth xm radio into the speakers and it works very well. I can make and receive phone calls with this unit but have no idea how to. When I’m out riding I don’t want to be chatting on the phone. Have said that there was one time I was out on my bike last summer and my wife called me. I knew it was her because my phone was in my ram mount and displayed who was calling. She was on her way home from work so I pulled over and called her back just to make sure all was good with her. I used my phone to call her but since my phone was paired through my helmet the call went through my Freecom, I chatted with her for about 10 minutes while I continued to ride towards home and she said the sound quality on her end was very good and clear and I had no issues hearing what she was saying either.
The set I had before this one was Uclear and I was never happy with it, always had issues hearing my wife and if I was outside of town riding I could barely hear the music. The Sound quality of the Freecom 2 I have now is a lot better and clearer. The down side to the Freecom 2 is that it will only pair with one other unit, for me that’s ok since I can pair with my wife and chat.
They do make a Freecom 4 so you can pair 4 together for group rides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts