Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Sure look like stock to me but it's been many years since I had a C50.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Yep stock - maybe debaffled as well.

·
Registered
238 Posts
look like stock to me but would need a close up of the very back and a side shot to confirm

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I now assume they are stock pipes debaffled. so my question is, is there anything i should be doing to this old girl to make sure shes 100% fit and healthy? ill be replacing all common easy parts myself, im a backyard mechanic, but not a dodgy one, grew up with cars been working on them since i was 5 years old! so is there anything i should be fussy with? i took it for a Roadworthy certificate, which over here in australia is a certificate you need to get when you buy or sell a vehicle and it pretty much is someone who goes over the entire bike and make sure that its safe to be on the road. it passed with flying colours. so now i know is safe on the road, i need to find out what maitnence should be carried out to make sure its got a less likely chance of breaking down. ive booked it in with my local bike shop to get a oil change and service on wednesday. to be sure to be sure.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Yep - Debaffled and killed Mickey too.

·
Registered
21,177 Posts
New-to-you bike. If you are concerned with bringing it up to 100% fit and healthy, you're going to need to perform the following maintenance:

1: Replace the spark plugs
2: Adjust the intake and exhaust valves
3: Replace the coolant
4: Replace the front brake line. Install fresh brake fluid and bleed the line
5: Inspect the air filter. Replace as necessary
6: Replace the fuel lines under the tank
7: Inspect the intake boot for cracks or hardening. Replace as necessary
8: Pull the rear drive and disassemble. Lubricate BOTH ends of the drive shaft and reistall
9: Replace the fluid in the final drive
10: Check the date code on the tires and replace if they are older than 2009 manufacture date
11: When replacing the tires, replace the tubes and rim strips
12: Check the spokes for tightness and check the wheel for true
13: Remove and inspect the rear brake. Replace the shoes as necessary, then reinstall and adjust
14: Engine oil change

Every one of the above maintenance items are listed as periodically necessary in the owner's manual. Unless you have detailed maintenance records, you should assume that these were NOT done by the previous owner and the maintenance should be performed.

That is the only way you are going to know your bike is 100% in tip top shape.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those will be a task for over the next couple of months. I have to save for these things on a minimum wage and just spent my savings on the bike! But a phew of those things im in the proccess of doing. I am trying to find some sort of stand for the bike to hold it straight up and down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.