Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This afternoon I was taking advantage of the gorgeous NE Ohio weather to work on installing my djdrive on our C50.

While I had the wheel off, I noticed what looked like cracks near some of the spoke anchor points - they are very fine "cracks" that you wouldn't even see unless you had your nose up against the hub like I did while pulling the wheel off.

I took some pictures of them - these are thumbnails - click on them to see larger versions. The 4th picture is a view from the opposite side of the wheel - the cracks are on the far edge.

It turns out, I had a trike takeoff rear wheel and tire that I was saving as a spare - and wanting to error on the side of caution - I installed the new wheel and left the old one off - and took picture of it.

If you look at the pictures - do you feel this was anything to be concerned about? Is it just cracks in the paint? Surface imperfections in the hub?

The inside of the hub where the drive engages, looked fine.

Thanks

Jim

pictures:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Very normal...

They scared me too the first time I seen them.

You can cover the front with a hubcap...

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
They are casting marks...

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
They are casting marks, and purely cosmetic.
No worries!!

JimKo said:
What about the cracks in Bassholes head?
Are those left over from casting?

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Them are some DIRTY spokes....EWWWW!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Boxwrench said:
Them are some DIRTY spokes....EWWWW!
LOL

Golly we got that covered too!
Sorry about all the deflection biff, that's the nature of the animal around these parts.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
basshole said:
I smell a LAWSUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts