Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a sissy bar for my bike that also looks good enough so I won't want to take it all the time when it's not in use. I've looked at the modern ones on the market that fit my bike and I don't really like the look of them. So I'm thinking of finding me one of the older teepee style sissybars but also with a backrest pad. I'm thinking when the girl isn't riding I'd take the pad off but keep the sissy bar on. ImageUploadedByMO Free1391558823.033881.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1391558853.567414.jpg that's the type I'm looking for but haven't seen anything for the boulevard in that style. Has any one seen any floating around on the interwebs?? If not I might end up fabbing something up and making some holes in the fender support for each end to drop into with a threaded hole to tighten it in there.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I've got this one rusting away somewhere (should have made it out of stainless). They're tough to locate as a straight bolt on...I ended up making mine and purchasing the pad.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I found and old style tall sissy bar in a small motorcycle shop as a decoration on the wall; but I used it on my '82 Honda Silverwing MC. It of course had to be adapted. It suits my Old Honda really well.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

I believe this is the same one I have in the pic. I loved it because of how bad ass it looked with small apes.

Volusia 800 VL800 C50 M50 Backrest Sissy Bar C M 50 24" M | eBay

That is a pretty swell unit, if I had found one like that before I gave up looking and made mine I'd have saved myself the effort.....well maybe not...that one doesn't look as robust as mine which extends all the way to the forward fender bolts and is secured by fully welded brackets that utilize all four fender bolts. Anyway, while nice I'd be wary of hanging a bag off it or putting much weight on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts