Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
snow everywhere right now in the northeast so good a time as any to see what others are planning for the upcoming riding season...

me...plan on heading to Tenn to spend a week w/my daughter and do ther Dragon and other great roads in that area...have done part od the blue ridge years ago, probably pick up where I left off on my way to tenn...would like to try PEI if possible...we'll see.

·
Registered
19,964 Posts
I'm still laid up with a knee injury. How it heals determines whether I'm keeping my bike, or selling it and getting something else. Getting old, sucks.

·
Super Moderator
22,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what happened skrap?

·
Super Moderator
9,091 Posts
I'm researching some 'long weekend' trips largely within New York State (because of my employer's restrictive travel policies).

One trip would be around Lake Champlain, and the other would touch up with every reservoir in the New York City water system.

I also plan to ride the Kancamagus Highway in June. :)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Depending on the border situation we are going to try the north shore of ST. Law Seaway then ferry over to south side then around Gaspe peninsula. Might hit Cabot Trail again.

Also trailer out to Cody, WY for 2 weeks of riding.

I am recovering from knee surgery so its all up in the air

Hate to brag but I need to burn up around 11 weeks of vacation in 2021

·
Registered
262 Posts
I’m hoping to hook up with my brother-in-law for another trip to somewhere. If we can make it happen it will be the fourth year in a row we have gone on a bike trip. If the border opens up maybe we will try and do the Lake Superior Loop which was plan A last year but Covid had other plans.
We both would like to do the Cabot Trail but would like more that a week for that one.

·
Registered
19,964 Posts
what happened skrap?
My coonhound tried to take off after a deer while we were hiking in January. I had just stepped off of a boulder when he suddenly lurched uphill, pulling me and twisting my knee. It has not been happy since...

·
Super Moderator
22,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sux....hope you weren't too unhappy with him...good luck with the recover.

·
Super Moderator
4,525 Posts
Jim Thorpe, Poconos, Barley Creek Brewery for lunch... Nazareth, back to Cigar International to discuss why you didn't show!
Join us for lunch Dennis, Saturday Memorial weekend.
Open for any members that's available that day, c'mon and ride for lunch!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am very likely to visit Burke's Garden and Tazwell VA just ti sight see and ride the Dragons Back. I may also visit a few friends in either New Mexico or the Black Hills. I am not sure which of the last two will happen.

·
Super Moderator
22,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jim Thorpe, Poconos, Barley Creek Brewery for lunch... Nazareth, back to Cigar International to discuss why you didn't show!
Join us for lunch Dennis, Saturday Memorial weekend.
Open for any members that's available that day, c'mon and ride for lunch!

will keep it in mind...really no different than a shoo fly pie run...same distance.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm planning on a long weekend trip to the Smoky Mountains area maybe late April/early May.
I'll be making my usual campground reservations soon for Sturgis too.

In between those two will be whatever I can fit in.

After being cooped up all last year, if I don't get out this year there'll be a film-at-eleven event for sure. Don't change that dial. :mad::cool:

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Might try to get to WV again, though my first choice for a week away without the wife is backpacking through Glacier NP. Gotta see if I can make that happen first.
If you do this get a hold of me, been to GNP 8 times, done over 400 miles of hiking there !!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Might try to get to WV again, though my first choice for a week away without the wife is backpacking through Glacier NP. Gotta see if I can make that happen first.
hope you get to do it ken and share w/us us some pics and storyline of the trip. Jens into the national parks...has visited and hiked quite a few...she too is planning a trip with her bf to one she hasn't been to yet in the midwest this summer Really is something we should all do at least once in our lifetime. I have done some hiking with her in the smokies...wonder if that counts. then there was that mc stop over in Acadia with Carlos and a few others on our way to Lubec...no back pack on either trip tho...had 2 dogs with us in the smokies...they handled the hiking better than I did. Then again, in all fairness to me,,,they have 4 legs.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm still laid up with a knee injury. How it heals determines whether I'm keeping my bike, or selling it and getting something else. Getting old, sucks.
Keep the one you don't have to pedal!! :)

Reactions: beezer
1 - 20 of 25 Posts