Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to learn how to do this myself. I just changed my oil and now the valves are tapping on the rear cylinder head. I did switch oil brands, from Mobil 1 V-twin 20w-50 to AMSoil 20w-50 and I added 10% Lucas Pure synthetic oil stabilizer following the suggestions on a VR thread. The valves weren't tapping before the oil change but they are now. Makes me wonder should I change back to the Mobil 1?

Anyhow, I need someone to SHOW me how to do a valve adjustment. I will bring the bike to you but I want to watch/learn how it is done. I live near Wildwood so the closer ( and sooner) the better. I would like to get the bike back to 100% before bike week. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Cover my flight down from "the Great White North", accomodations (probably take me about 2 weeks to do the job .......... I work slow, but to perfection, and I do have to show you how it's done too, right?) and I won't even charge you the $150.00, OK?

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cover my flight down from "the Great White North", accomodations (probably take me about 2 weeks to do the job .......... I work slow, but to perfection, and I do have to show you how it's done too, right?) and I won't even charge you the $150.00, OK?

Well 10-64 you probably wouldn't like it down here. 78 degrees and sunny today, not a cloud in the sky...

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Well 10-64 you probably wouldn't like it down here. 78 degrees and sunny today, not a cloud in the sky...
Send the ticket! I'm on my way!

-17C and snowing AGAIN! At this rate I won't need a beer cooler on the patio this summer ............Ill just stick the drinks in the snow!

·
Administrator
52,306 Posts
I need to learn how to do this myself. I just changed my oil and now the valves are tapping on the rear cylinder head. I did switch oil brands, from Mobil 1 V-twin 20w-50 to AMSoil 20w-50 and I added 10% Lucas Pure synthetic oil stabilizer following the suggestions on a VR thread. The valves weren't tapping before the oil change but they are now. Makes me wonder should I change back to the Mobil 1?

Anyhow, I need someone to SHOW me how to do a valve adjustment. I will bring the bike to you but I want to watch/learn how it is done. I live near Wildwood so the closer ( and sooner) the better. I would like to get the bike back to 100% before bike week. Thanks...

Called someone this eve on Your behalf, then sent a PM to You.

Not sure if the member can contact You, but there's a couple other folks in n/ctrl FL on the west coast as well, whom I personally instructed to adjust VL800 valves.......so hang in there for another day or so. 8)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I would like to out bid 10-64.
The wife and I will drive the convertible to you, bring tools, teach you to adjust the valves and wash & wax your bike in exchange for a one week stay with a few meals and drinks.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would like to out bid 10-64.
The wife and I will drive the convertible to you, bring tools, teach you to adjust the valves and wash & wax your bike in exchange for a one week stay with a few meals and drinks.:biglaugh:
Can you head to Nova Scotia canada after, My bike will need a fresh wax on the new paint,,,and I'd like to learn how to ajust the valves !!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Send those tickets!

(Wind Chill -30C!)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It's raining here today, cold front moving through. Lows supposed to be in the 40's Th, Fr, Sat. with highs in the 70's. Sun. we'll be back in the 80's (farenheit, of course) not sure the equivalent in celsius...

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
I wish that was the case here!

-27C today! F**K, I'll never get the bike out of hibernation at this rate!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
YUP the cold is here for the next week. Right now..... and when it warms up, snow is coming......

-50 with windCHILL in Winnipeg tonight.....

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts