Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a motorcycle jack and this one is relatively cheap at Home Depot. Anyone ever used this thing? Comments? Other recommendations for an inexpensive jack? (no homemade wooden ones please)

·
Administrator
53,871 Posts
About the only MC jack that I've heard complaints on is the model from Sears (Craftsman), though I have one, and haven't had a problem with it yet.

I've had a few Harbor Freight jacks (automotive) leak oil as a result of seal failure, but I think that is a random problem with most hydraulic jacks.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have it (from Northern Tool) and I like it. It works great. Put my DJ drive and lowering bones on using it. :)

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
I have one of those and a Craftsman. Of the two I grab this one first. Mine is six years old now with no problems. 8)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Looks just like mine.

I've been using mine for about a year now with no problems...came from Pep Boys. It has been used quite a few times.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
The Pep Boys red bike lift was on sale for $59.00 today. FWIW

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
TATE said:
jimKo said:
Looks like mine,

Bikes on it right now...
Why is your bike on the stand? You're in California. Mods maybe?
Cleaning spokes :)

Naw I was messing with an idea for a brace to hold an exhaust pipe on the left side of the bike...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Looks like tha one has a design change with the wheels . I had to take my four metal wheels off as they were not spring loaded and when I jacked my bike up on my shed on a ply wood floor the weight cause the metal wheels to sink into my floor :x But the jack part is great. lets ride.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got the one pictured yesterday for $59 at Pep Boys. Works like a charm...

·
Registered
476 Posts
yep, i ran to pep boys after work today and picked it up for $59. Ive been wanting one but the prices were stopping me. Glad i saw this thread! :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts