Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Daughter and her fiance, (staying with us since the lock down) were tested Wednesday and are both negative. I guess that is a good sign my wife and I don't have it either. Still lurking out there as there as people in the community are still getting it and the odd death. Long term care still has cases and has been more of the deaths.

·
Administrator
52,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Thank You everyone for the prayers, positive thoughts, and concern!

The Mrs is able to keep food down again, but still sleeps nearly half of the daytime.
Mainly soups, eggs, and french fries are what she's been wanting and able to digest.....plus some ice cream.
I have an AM appointment at the Orthopedic clinic tomorrow for shoulder injections, (port and starboard), so I hope this bug she has won't spread to others via My doctor visit.

Who was that masked man? :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
25,695 Posts
Glad to hear that she's taken a turn for the better. We'll still keep her in our prayers and thoughts for a bit more.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Glad things are looking up.

Reactions: Psyc0

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
I think I’m going to get the antibody test next week. I think I had a mild case, and want to know if I can safely relax the precautions I’m taking.
The current antibody test is less than 50% accurate. Shawn had the test as he's positive he had Covid-19 in February, as did a couple guys at work.

He came back negative, he's still have lung capacity issues 4 months later. Doctor told him last week he thinks Shawn had it. When Shawn told him he came back negative, the doctor told him how inaccurate the test is.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There is the test for the virus (swab), and there is the test for antibodies (blood). The test for the virus is a snapshot in time...you may be negative when the swab is taken; however, you could be positive by the time the results come back...and the antibody test is for corona virus, and covid-19 is one of many of the corona virus species...33% of the common cold is caused by coronaviruses...
to keep on track....my brother had covid-19,,,spent 1 night in the hospital (he had become dehydrated). and in 3 weeks was back to being his normal self.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The current antibody test is less than 50% accurate. Shawn had the test as he's positive he had Covid-19 in February, as did a couple guys at work.

He came back negative, he's still have lung capacity issues 4 months later. Doctor told him last week he thinks Shawn had it. When Shawn told him he came back negative, the doctor told him how inaccurate the test is.
Wow...I didn't think it was that inaccurate.

·
Super Moderator
25,695 Posts
Coronavirus is a generic type of virus. The common cold is also a coronavirus

COVID-19 stands for Coronavirus Disease 2019 and it is the current pandemic that is going on.

SARS-CoV-2 is the actual virus that is causing COVID-19.

Yes, it's all very confusing, which is why we all just say coronavirus and move on with life.

·
Super Moderator
58,181 Posts
Thanks for explaining that he who has way too much time on his hands and spends way too much time on the internet. I didn't know how it worked and am blessed to have you in my life :D

·
The Village Idiot
5,044 Posts
Just found out today my coworker's uncle passed away late last week from it. He was making progress, then took a turn for the worse as I have heard is often the case. He wasn't in very good health to begin with, but just 64 years old.

·
Administrator
52,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
So sorry to hear this, Jeff.
Condolences.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts