Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Just found out my 93 yo Aunt has the virus. She is among six others who tested positive in a nursing home. As of now symptoms are not life threatening.
Yikes! I'll add your aunt to my prayer list, Oldtraf.

There was just a positive diagnosis in the nursing home where the mom of one of my work teammates lives. Not in her unit, but in her building. The building has not allowed visitors for 3 weeks now, and yet ....

So flipping scary in the elderly!

·
Super Moderator
20,481 Posts
Yikes! I'll add your aunt to my prayer list, Oldtraf.

There was just a positive diagnosis in the nursing home where the mom of one of my work teammates lives. Not in her unit, but in her building. The building has not allowed visitors for 3 weeks now, and yet ....

So flipping scary in the elderly!

the scary thing in these situations is the reality that visitors are not the only ones who can bring this virus into a nursing home...it could have been brought in by one of the staff unaware that they have it, maybe doctors coming into the facility who may be treating and caring for residents there and at the same time possibly having just come from another facility where they may have picked it up...while these types of facilities know all to well that preventing outsiders from entering the premises, that only reduces the chances of the virus being brought in, its not a guarantee they will remain virus free... takes only 1 unknowing person to come into the building with it and then the seed has been planted. Can't understand the mentality of those still insisting on getting together in groups.

·
Administrator
52,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
More prayers for Your aunt, Bry.

·
Super Moderator
25,212 Posts
Just found out my 93 yo Aunt has the virus. She is among six others who tested positive in a nursing home. As of now symptoms are not life threatening.
Oh no! Hopefully she comes through it well. We'll definitely be praying for her.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Heres hoping the improvement is better by the hour!

·
The Village Idiot
5,018 Posts
I am not obsessively worrying about getting it, but if I do...even after losing 43 pounds, I am still considered obese, borderline overweight, and I have sleep apnea. All the goodies that put me in that high risk metric. Hope my immune system is tough enough...

·
Administrator
52,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Keep Your Pneumonia shot up to date.

·
Administrator
52,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Bro,

Pretty much over the virus, though every so often, a slight headache/cervical pain develops.
A Celebrex capsule soothes the pain, as long as it has been 10 hours since the previous dose.
I still have to take a DM cap once or twice in 24 hours (Dextro-Methorphan for mucous control).

41 - 60 of 108 Posts