Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Administrator
52,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah.......I caught the nasty virus, and have been very sick since Monday evening.
Me and My jugs of Blackberry Brandy are fighting real hard. What's really wild is that most food is odorless/flavorless, but I cooked some hot Italian sausage links, and they, together with chef salads have actually been pleasing.......what a strange flu-strain. At first, an intense headache, and every body joint aching like hell, now it has moved into My bronchial tubes, and that's where Brandy's Blackberry Jugs are so helpful.
How did this happen? My Mrs went on a bus tour of New Orleans, post Mardi Gras, with Her mother, sisters, a niece, and another woman. She had returned home, exactly 2 weeks to the day, when I fell ill.
I always tell her to not travel during the winter, rather do that in Summer/early Fall. I didn't go to New Orleans, but I got their friggin' virus......anyone want to share this????

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sorry to hear this! I'm from NYC, and there are a lot of people here who's family members are sick or have somebody sick in their vicinity. Please take care of yourself, and if your hospital is not overwhelmed like ours, go their immediately. This virus is a real sneaky bastard, and by the time you go to the hospital, the damage is already setting in. My coworker's father had a slight fewer, which turned into pneumonia, and he was admitted to the hospital. The guy recovered, and was sent home in several days. And this is not flue, this is much worse.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Aw crap!

Reactions: Psyc0

·
The Village Idiot
5,053 Posts
Dang Dave! Sorry to hear this. Hope that you recover real soon.

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
take care Dave...will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Super Moderator
26,097 Posts
Damn, Dave! I'm sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself and keep us updated. We're all going to be praying for you.

·
Registered
19,693 Posts
Take care, Dave. My daughter took a swab test yesterday. We're still waiting for the results...

·
Super Moderator
58,788 Posts
Sorry to hear this Dave.
You always said Wanda would be the death of you!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Sorry to hear Dave. This virus affects all people differently hope yours is on the milder side. Take care and get well soon

·
Administrator
16,360 Posts
Hey well soon Dave, remember, no ibuprofen or Advil, only Tylenol.

This virus feeds and grows on Ibuprofen

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
take it slow and drink lots of fluids and rest.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Take care Dave & feel better soon.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Take care and get well soon............

·
Super Moderator
8,948 Posts
Doggone it, Dave! Please do your best to take care of yourself and get well soon.

<<Hugs>>

·
Administrator
5,997 Posts
Just saw this, Dave. Bummer! You take care of yourself, y'hear? This place can't function without you.

·
Administrator
52,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doing much better today.....and last night wasn't too bad either.
Wolfschmidt, quinine water, plus a dab of lime-orange flavor over ice, made the evening enjoyable.

·
Super Moderator
8,948 Posts
VERY glad to hear you are better today, my friend.

How is Wanda? I assume she contracted it as well.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts