Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed the baffles from the Straightshots on my C50T and can't decide if I like the sound. Anyone else done this? Sounds good but pretty darn loud. Thoughts?

Ivan Awfulitch

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
A co-worker had 'em out on her Indian Chief...kept setting off car alarms wherever she went and her neighbors started giving her the evil eye. Put 'em back in and likes 'em.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took the baffles out of mine at one point, and it wasn't the fact they were too loud for me, but they had a sort of echoing effect across any and every neighborhood you drove through, and if 5 O were to pull me over and check for baffles, I'd be in for a long day. So I cut the baffles with a hack saw down to about five inches long, that way it quites them just a little bit but makes them still nice and loud, and also if the police put their club in your tailpipes to check for baffles your legal.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
just a little fyi, ALL after market pipes are elligal...... they must have a muffler. hell does any one remember the KAWI NOMAD it had a dam cat converter.hahahahahaha!

·
Registered
615 Posts
just did this as well. I love the sound w/o baffles. Ride easy through neighborhoods and it shouldn't bother anyone

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i know this is horrible, but ............. me and the guys enjoy our midnight rides thru the side streets, in the city. i think i have heard every tone used for car alarms, and if we find a good street we might even go back!!!! oh come on ! you have done it! havent you?????? and for those in the city try a run thru lower wacker drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts