Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I ride year round... but I live in Florida where it’s possible... plus I can enjoy not only the nice weather but also enjoy more of my money... can’t see paying the NY taxes to the idiot democraps that waste it... you guys can have it but someday, some of you guys will finally realize it and move out of the area

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I need a fix!!!

My bike was parked over the past week due to crappy weather, and unreliable weather forecasts. I became restless and moody :-( Yesterday evening I started the bike, and made a few laps around the garage. Checked the weather forecast this morning, and decided that I can't take it anymore... I need a fix!
Checked the weather forecast one more time before heading out (50% chance of snow/rain starting 7 PM), dusted-off my winter gear, and finally rode! Ohhhhh, that sweet, sweet feeling!

NYC is expecting a dusting of snow this evening, and our DOT coated all the roads in salt. Actually so much salt, that pellets were bouncing-off my windshield and helmet wiser. I can actually taste the salt in my mouse when I inhale. Non the less, I was back in the saddle, even if it was just for today: tomorrow forecast is 100% rain, and hopefully much better weather (relatively speaking) for the rest of the week. I might get a chance to actually ride my bike this week :)

P.S. Pictured: the white stuff on the road is salt.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
the need to feed...for years I made it a point to hopefully ride on the Big 3 Holidays in the so called off season riding months...Dec/January...Xmas Day/New Years Day/MLK Day... if the roads permit it...I rode...even if just for a quick cruise in the neighborhood...been a while since I've done that...no better xmas present to oneself than to ride on xmas day...no better way to start off the new year than a cruise on new years day...as for riding on MLK Day...does anyone really need a reason to ride if the weather Gods throw you a bone. Wonder if its too late to send Santa a special request for xmas day.....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts