Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I "had" a VL1500 which had a jet kit of some kind installed.....it made the bike run about 40% stronger and it got about 10 mpg MORE with the kit installed....(consisted of two new jets and a mixture screw adjustment)
I NOW have a 2002 VL800 and am considering a jet kit..and wonder which is: 1. the best for the money 2. simplest to install 3. gives better gas mileage than stock.
I am not particularly interested in changing the air cleaner & I have a cobra exhaust system. My dealer says that the Dynojet system is the best way to go...but it seems to be a little high at $90.00..and I have heard bad reports from other VL owners in the past...
I hear that the $20.00 kit available thru a forum member is good..but don't know about the "shims"...??
Your thoughts
thanks
Rog

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
I don't know which is best, but the volusia doesn't have the same problem with the needle that the 1500 had, so you don't have to worry about replacing it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If you're just going to rejet and not mess with the air box, you can get a $20 kit from www.motorcyclecarbs.com. They'll send you the exact kit that you'll need. the Dyno kit comes with several different jets that you can play around with. That's why it's $90. The kit from motorcyclecarbs come with one jet, one pilot, a couple of shimes. Ask for Robert.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts