Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just booked airfare to Punta Gorda FL to help with PMS and the impending cabin fever. Looking for some info on possibilities of renting a bike in the Port Charlotte Punta Gorda area as well as lodging, restaurants etc. Hopefully someone can help a fellow list member out with some good info! ?. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That would be me. Bike rentals are in Port charlotte (Harley). Sarasota (Suzuki). I can't remember the name of the Suzuki joint but it will come to me. Plenty of Motel possibilities. Budget to high end. Where you coming too? Punta Gorda is very nice. Free bicycle use in Punta Gorda. Good restrurants. Entertainment.

High end Downtown. Wyvern, Four Points Hyatt. Both on the water. Budget down the street. Clean place. Banana Motel Across the bridge in Port Charlotte. Relitives liked it. Punta Gorda Waterfront Hotel and Suites. All but Budget are on the water.

http://www.suzukiofsarasota.com/ Suzuki http://www.eaglerider.com/?gclid=COjh48e8xbsCFcZZ7Aod8X4ARg Port Charlotte Harley.

Physco is a part timer in the area. I have yet to meet him.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im in Sarasota so right next to PC. Stick to the coast and island and you should be in luck. A few local dealerships are doing rentals but Google is best. Some great rides here in SRQ as well........Have fun its 80°!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew someone would come thru thanks guys! The Mrs. and I will probably be gypsies and just roam wherever and bask in the warmth :)

If its okay I might PM you and ask options on places to stay etc - just booked flight today. Just looking for clean, reasonable hotel or condo with pool at this point, near gulf would be perfect! Sounds like there are some that would fit the bill already.

Any i will be sure to check out the rental places. I figure between a Harley and and M109 maybe i cant go wrong :)

Thanks Again!

PapaBean

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I knew someone would come thru thanks guys! The Mrs. and I will probably be gypsies and just roam wherever and bask in the warmth :)

If its okay I might PM you and ask options on places to stay etc - just booked flight today. Just looking for clean, reasonable hotel or condo with pool at this point, near gulf would be perfect! Sounds like there are some that would fit the bill already.

Any i will be sure to check out the rental places. I figure between a Harley and and M109 maybe i cant go wrong :)

Thanks Again!

PapaBean
Get your map out. Punta Gorda is on the upper end of Charlotte Harbor On the Peace River.Motels are not on the beaches. They are on the River. There is a beach complex in Port Charlotte. Sandy beach nice but not the Gulf . Tannen colored water. If you want gulf beaches you'll have to go to Englewood. 20 min away.

Suzuki rental will be a C50 I believe.

·
Administrator
54,721 Posts
That would be me. Bike rentals are in Port charlotte (Harley). Sarasota (Suzuki). I can't remember the name of the Suzuki joint but it will come to me. Plenty of Motel possibilities. Budget to high end. Where you coming too? Punta Gorda is very nice. Free bicycle use in Punta Gorda. Good restrurants. Entertainment.

High end Downtown. Wyvern, Four Points Hyatt. Both on the water. Budget down the street. Clean place. Banana Motel Across the bridge in Port Charlotte. Relitives liked it. Punta Gorda Waterfront Hotel and Suites. All but Budget are on the water.

SARASOTA FUN MACHINES INC. SARASOTA, FL (800) 338-5738 Suzuki http://www.eaglerider.com/?gclid=COjh48e8xbsCFcZZ7Aod8X4ARg Port Charlotte Harley.

Psyco is a part timer in the area. I have yet to meet him.
Actually, a full time resident, Cavie. :wink:

Let Us know when You've arrived, PapaBean......Perhaps Cavie and Myself can meet up with You for a brew at Gatorz in Port Charlotte.
They have wing specials all day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and other specials during the balance of the week.

There's also Sharky's restaurant, pier, and free beach, which is a great place to visit, and it is on the Gulf of Mexico in Venice, FL....about 30 minutes north of Port Charlotte.

Some pics of the Peace River taken from the Punta Gorda side:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Actually, a full time resident, Cavie. :wink:

Let Us know when You've arrived, PapaBean......Perhaps Cavie and Myself can meet up with You for a brew at Gatorz in Port Charlotte.
They have wing specials all day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and other specials during the balance of the week.

There's also Sharky's restaurant, pier, and free beach, which is a great place to visit, and it is on the Gulf of Mexico in Venice, FL....about 30 minutes north of Port Charlotte.

Some pics of the Peace River taken from the Punta Gorda side:

I wasn't feeling to bad about the cold winter I live in, Until...... I saw these pics! Thanks Psyc0!!!

·
Administrator
54,721 Posts
Come on down.......the weather's not too shabby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts