Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DESPERATELY ISO any type of horn,,,yes I could order one for 12.00 but I don't want to wait, so if ANYONE IN THE OKC METRO, Tulsa Metro,,,I am TIRED of ppl pulling out in front of me or almost running me over in a parking lot,,,I went to push the button and nothing happened,, come to find out the horn is missing, got wires, no horn..

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts
Harbor Freight sells the Wolo Bad Boy air horn, last I checked. You can get it today, and once it's installed, cars will definitely hear you.

·
Premium Member
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Harbor Freight sells the Wolo Bad Boy air horn, last I checked. You can get it today, and once it's installed, cars will definitely hear you.
thx alot,,,maybe i can get that one later on,,, bit outta my price range atm

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Go to Harbor Freight, they have a 12 volt horn in stock for 12 bucks........113 dbl. Cant get one cheaper than that.

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts
Go to Harbor Freight, they have a 12 volt horn in stock for 12 bucks........113 dbl. Cant get one cheaper than that.
I thought that was the Bad Boy.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I thought that was the Bad Boy.
Nope the bad boy is 40 bucks. Supposed to be twice as loud though. I'm not real sure about the durability of a 12 buck harbor freight horn. But who knows?

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
22,582 Posts
I have the $10.99 HF dual electric horns and have been great for 5 years. Just blew the inside fuse when a guy on his phone started drifting into our lane ....made him drop his phone on the phone so he had to pull of the road, it scared him so bad.😁😁

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I have the $10.99 HF dual electric horns and have been great for 5 years. Just blew the inside fuse when a guy on his phone started drifting into our lane ....made him drop his phone on the phone so he had to pull of the road, it scared him so bad.😁😁
Well..... now we know. I'll try one if my horn goes out:cool:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
I just went to an auto parts store and picked one up. Maybe it was a Wal-Mart. Whatever, you can find them lots ofplaces without waiting for shipping. For a few more bucks, get a high and a low tone, the resulting beat frequency will penetrate cars better.

·
Registered
20,700 Posts
The aftermarket horn will draw substantially more current than the OEM horn. If will cause your switch to short and melt. You need to wire in a relay to draw the current direct from the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maaaate....

I live in South Aus and people here are either deaf, stupid or both when in traffic, and having a Massive Horn has helped me get drivers attention many times.

I chose to fit the "Stebel Nautilis". It wasn't hard to fit.

Just run a dedicated (fused) Pos/Neg linepast the left side cover and on to headlight area.
Disconnect the stock horn and use that to activate a relay (under left side panel) that then runs the Stebel. (Pos line was cut near relay and adapted to fit)
Mine is mounted behind the headlight assy (in the caged section (you CAN maneuver it, to go in. it's fiddley but will go) and cable tied to cage)
Took about four beers to fit and you wouldn't know it's there..

Honestly, It's LOUD, hidden / protected from road debris, and did I mention LOUD...

Can't suggest it strongly enough.. I love my massive horn.....💪

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maaaate....

I live in South Aus and people here are either deaf, stupid or both when in traffic, and having a Massive Horn has helped me get drivers attention many times.

I chose to fit the "Stebel Nautilis". It wasn't hard to fit.

Just run a dedicated (fused) Pos/Neg linepast the left side cover and on to headlight area.
Disconnect the stock horn and use that to activate a relay (under left side panel) that then runs the Stebel. (Pos line was cut near relay and adapted to fit)
Mine is mounted behind the headlight assy (in the caged section (you CAN maneuver it, to go in. it's fiddley but will go) and cable tied to cage)
Took about four beers to fit and you wouldn't know it's there..

Honestly, It's LOUD, hidden / protected from road debris, and did I mention LOUD...

Can't suggest it strongly enough.. I love my massive horn.....💪
I have a M109R as well. I bought a Denali Sound Bomb and its wiring kit. I plan on putting it behind the headlight in the bucket as well. It came with the relay and everything that is needed. I hope to get to it this winter!

·
Registered
663 Posts
DESPERATELY ISO any type of horn,,,yes I could order one for 12.00 but I don't want to wait, so if ANYONE IN THE OKC METRO, Tulsa Metro,,,I am TIRED of ppl pulling out in front of me or almost running me over in a parking lot,,,I went to push the button and nothing happened,, come to find out the horn is missing, got wires, no horn..
I have a stock horn, free. Just pay the shipping

·
Registered
663 Posts
It is from C50, so shouldn’t blow any fuses. Here is a photo:

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Audio equipment Circle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts