Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get pipes and the tornado intake at the same time and I was just wondering if anybody has any good maps for the C/M50 that are made for pipes and intake? I've seen one that is just for V&H straight shot pipes with or without baffles and with or without air kit on the PC site, but that is it. I would think that the air kit would make a big enough differance that you would need a different map then if you where using the stock air box. Can I use that map to get close and then just adjust it manually like you do with the cobra unit or what? Or are most of you getting the PCIII and getting close as you can so you can get it to a dyno place and have it perfected? I'm getting the Cobra drag pipes with big city thunder monster baffles so I don't know if I would use the v&h map with or without baffles.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
With any module, the best way to tune it is to dyno it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, thats kind of what I was thinking so I'm not sure what the advantage is of the PCIII other than you can change maps later on. I don't plan on doing anything else after the pipes and intake that would require ecu adjustments so I'm thinking about just getting the ecu remapped at my dealer who says they can do it and they have a dyno machine for like $60. They have never done an M50 before, but they said they should be able to do this and few other people on here said that they have had this done with good results.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called my stealer today that has the dyno machine and he said that they can mess with the stock ecu, but that is has limited range that they can change. He said if I was just putting a pipe on it that didn't have a straight through baffle then they could tune the stock ecu, but since I want drag pipes and A tornado intake I would be better off with a PCIII and a custom map. Expensive though, the PC is already around $270 and then a custom map cost $200 which is pretty steep. Guess this is when carbs are nice. :)

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
jkulysses said:
I called my stealer today that has the dyno machine and he said that they can mess with the stock ecu, but that is has limited range that they can change. He said if I was just putting a pipe on it that didn't have a straight through baffle then they could tune the stock ecu, but since I want drag pipes and A tornado intake I would be better off with a PCIII and a custom map. Expensive though, the PC is already around $270 and then a custom map cost $200 which is pretty steep. Guess this is when carbs are nice. :)
I is my understanding that the PCIII comes with a couple of maps. I might be wrong but check out the PC web site. BTW I PM'd you about your stock air cleaner.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Duffy,

Some people who sell the Power Commanders will pre-set the unit (ie, install the map that's closest to the upgrades on your particular bike) for you. That way, when you receive it, all you have to do is plug-n-play.

Mine came from Eric @ Xtreme and it was NOT pre-set. It is VERY simple to set it yourself using the internet. You go to the PC website: www.powercommander.com, click on "Install" (it installs), then click on "Maps" and you chose from 4 different level of maps according to the amount of upgrades you have on your bike. You select your bike (Suzuki) then the style (C/50, M/50). It takes about 5 seconds to download the map from the Internet site to your Power Commander via the USB wires they supply. You should have a 9v battery handy in case you need it for the install.

Once you're done downloading the map from the Power Commander website, you walk your PC module out to your bike, tear your bike apart, install the PC module, put it all back together, and rock and roll! The whole process took me 2 hours, including tear-down and puttin' it all back together again. And MAN, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts