Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just thought I'd finally post something. I've been lurking here for awhile and I've found a lot of good info. I just took delivery of my 07 Red and Black C50.....I also have an 06 Ninja 500R.

I was looking for a bike to do some touring on and I couldn't find a ST bike or a Bandit that would fit my short legs. So I started looking at cruisers at the suggestion of my lady friend. Man, I'm glad I did! I absolutely love the feel and power of this bike! Kept the 500r for now. So I can still hit some of the Hill Country roads a little more aggressively.

So Hello!

·
Administrator
53,858 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
welcome to cruising and the site from central florida

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
welcome from cambridge, ontario :)

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Welcome from Memphis, TN! Excellent choice on the red/black....I'm kinda partial to it (and I don't see many of them, either).

Welcome to the VR!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Shopshirt Mofo said:
Hey Guys,
Just thought I'd finally post something. I've been lurking here for awhile and I've found a lot of good info. I just took delivery of my 07 Red and Black C50.....I also have an 06 Ninja 500R.

I was looking for a bike to do some touring on and I couldn't find a ST bike or a Bandit that would fit my short legs. So I started looking at cruisers at the suggestion of my lady friend. Man, I'm glad I did! I absolutely love the feel and power of this bike! Kept the 500r for now. So I can still hit some of the Hill Country roads a little more aggressively.

So Hello!
You will not be disappointed with the C50 as a tourer. We racked up a lot of fun miles on this machine. Put a tank of super unleaded in there and it's a sport tourer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to VR.com from Oak Ridge, Tennessee!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys! for the warm welcome;-D

A Pogue is: a military term for REMF, or "rear-echelon m fer". Used by the Marines since WWII.

Which is funny to me because I spent 8 years as a Marine Infantryman....LOL

And the last 7 years as a Parachute Rigger and then a Photojournalist in the TX National Guard.

Now that I'm out of the military "Pogue" seemed appropriate!

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
WELCOME neighbor, from Central Texas.

Pete

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
petec50c said:
WELCOME neighbor, from Central Texas.

Pete

Leander, Tejas

·
Registered
767 Posts
Shopshirt Mofo said:
Thanks Guys! for the warm welcome;-D

A Pogue is: a military term for REMF, or "rear-echelon m fer". Used by the Marines since WWII.

Which is funny to me because I spent 8 years as a Marine Infantryman....LOL

And the last 7 years as a Parachute Rigger and then a Photojournalist in the TX National Guard.

Now that I'm out of the military "Pogue" seemed appropriate!
Semper Fi from Iraq

1 - 20 of 27 Posts