Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know I bought a house in Arizona and will be moving there in the future. (Exact date TBD). One thing that became obvious during my time there was that my ‘01 Volusia was not going to be able to keep up with the highway speeds or terrain in Northern AZ. The bike would be running at its limit and wouldn’t last long or be a fun ride.

Enter in my very hot sh*t female plumber I found locally in AZ. Not only is she a great plumber, but she’s also a bad a** biker babe. During one of our conversations, she was talking about the new bike she just bought. I asked what she used to ride and she said she still had her 2006 Yamaha Road Star XV1600.

Long story, short, I did some quick research and found that the Road Star had a great reputation and a deep support/accessory network and that many VR riders upgraded to the RS. All this info really sparked my interest and a quick visit to my plumber confirmed that my info was correct.

Linda and I traveled out the AZ this last week and I made a quick side trip to seal the deal for the bike. I am now an official Yamaha Road Star owner. This morning, my plumber, her husband and I all went out for an inaugural ride on the new bike. It’s everything I expected and more...big, balanced and powerful! After a three hour ride, I’m even more certain that I made the right decision and am looking forward to more riding it and making it truly my bike.

Rest assured, I’m still sticking around the VR family. I have no intentions of getting rid of my Volusia and plan to bring it out to AZ. It will be perfect for local rides...and besides, who needs only one toy??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Super Moderator
58,700 Posts
Best of luck with your beautiful new ride Kurt. :)

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Congratulations Kurt !!
Got a bell for it ? :D

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
26,054 Posts
Awesome! The Road Star is a solid machine. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Looks very doable!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts